ducklings need to go outside!

• 3 Replies

ssatt44

« on: November 03, 2007, 03:00 »
How old do these little terrors have to be to go outside for good?!  I've been putting them out during the day as soon as it hits 70 degrees. At night it drops into the low 40s upper 30s, almost to freezing. "miracle" is 4 weeks old and it's buds, the khakis, are 3 weeks. The goslings I raised were a late spring clutch and outside temp was not an issue.

sharon in az

muntjac

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07 »
i would leave them at least 10-12  weeks but now your weather is gona get even colder .after that you can   leave the shed  door open if you have no coyote probs they will find thier own way around  :wink:
still alive /............

ssatt44

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 15:48 »
They are in my back bedroom at the moment. I don't have a "shed" for the ducks. I use straw bales with a wood top for a run in shelter in my breeder pens. In the high desert we get cold (single digits F) but not windy/wet. I lost all but one of my goslings to those !@#$ coyotes. They were in my yard for weeders, but it cleared the fence and ate them in the yard.

sharon in az

muntjac

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 17:24 »
well a strong wire pen with a large dog running would get the ducks out ya " bedroom "  :lol:  

incidently a freind of mine " robin " a shepherd in castior lincs .had a border collie bitch and each year she would let mothers and  ducklings in the yard sleep in with her and some of the mothers all sit outside till morning :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: now the bitches robin has now from her as  pups do tha same  :lol:

xx
Ducklings

Started by Tattyanne456 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post May 20, 2011, 21:16
by Tattyanne456
xx
Ducklings HELP !

Started by TonyB on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 04, 2007, 05:19
by TonyB
sad
ducklings!

Started by rjf180 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 00:21
by Shedenvy
xx
ducklings outside

Started by 02rlgudgin on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 31, 2007, 20:35
by mercury

Page created in 1.393 seconds with 30 queries.