wheezy chook

• 3 Replies

JACDORE

wheezy chook
« on: April 26, 2012, 15:28 »
Noticed yesterday one of my ex batts, prob coming up for 2, seemed off ish, seemed to be a little plump feathered.  Anyway she's still going around ok.  Today ive noticed she wants to be on her own and her poop is just a small blob thats mainly wee white.  Bought her in to be checked and cant see nothing trapped in her behind and it was a little clenchy, in out, clench, you know wat i mean.  She however was sounding very wheezy when i had hold of her.  Gave her some baytril to see if that helps.  Any idea's or does she need the vets asap.  Got stuff for the water for chooks that for pneumonia etc, maybe be worth giving her that, with all this dodo weather we're having.
2 rottys 4 cats, 2 gecko's, 2 beardies, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 1 rabbit, 12 various fish, 6 hens, 1 hubby, (lol)

kegs

Re: wheezy chook
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:58 »
How is your girl today jacdore?

JACDORE

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 16:25 »
kegs she seems much happier today and not so puffed out.  Have noticed though her foot, by the bottom of the leg has been bleeding, well think its been bleeding, looks pretty red, but not hot as in infection nor swollen.  Tried catching her today to take a look and she has improved that much from yesterday she kept running off, took 30 odd mins to catch her and she was inside today.  Have managed to blob some Aloo vera on it, can i use germalene/savalon like u can safely use on dogs.  Any idea's

kegs

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 16:33 »
I'd use gentian purple spray which I think is an antiseptic too and will stop the others being attracted to the red - just dab some on with a cotton bud so you don't get covered in it too.  Glad she seems better.

xx
Wheezy Hen

Started by KJ on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 21:05
by Jellyhead
xx
Wheezy hen

Started by cathangirl on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post May 02, 2009, 19:00
by raeburg
xx
Wheezy Chicken

Started by Thingy on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 23:47
by Thingy
xx
Wheezy cockerel?!!?

Started by Sassy on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 05, 2008, 22:25
by Foxy

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 30 queries.