Cauli catastrophe

• 23 Replies

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
Re: Cauli catastrophe
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 17:15 »
i've left mine directly outside. both cauli and cabbage have grown their 1st set of leaves and they're doing fine come rain or cold. they were in the small greenhouse to start them off from seed but after that they were outside.

Kitchen window ledge to germinate ten potted on and out the back onto SSE facing patio to fend for themselves! Not failed so far.

starry

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 17:39 »
I grow all year round (usually successfully  ::)) and mine have been outside in my grow house with the lid open even at night as have the kale and they are doing fine I followed the advice on here about not mollycoddling them seems to work  :)
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

parttimer

• Experienced Member
  • Mousetrap!!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 21:46 »
Update:-

They have been put outside to fend for themselves, and I'm going to start a few more which will go straight outside.
Yer Tiz!!

bazh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 22:50 »
 :) makes sense they may suprise you have they picked up at all since you first posted?
Faff free zone!

parttimer

• Experienced Member
  • Mousetrap!!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 22:59 »
The ones that died back have remained so, but I've not lost anymore. But my Greyhound Cabbages have started to go exactly the same way so the whole bloomin lots gone outside!!!

I'm working on the theory that I've got nought to loose!!!

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 15:56 »
The ones that died back have remained so, but I've not lost anymore. But my Greyhound Cabbages have started to go exactly the same way so the whole bloomin lots gone outside!!!

I'm working on the theory that I've got nought to loose!!!

If you grow the year round types then you can just sow some more. :)

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 16:49 »
i've left mine directly outside. both cauli and cabbage have grown their 1st set of leaves and they're doing fine come rain or cold. they were in the small greenhouse to start them off from seed but after that they were outside.

Kitchen window ledge to germinate ten potted on and out the back onto SSE facing patio to fend for themselves! Not failed so far.

Spoke too soon!  >:( The garden birds took exception to my failure to refill their bird feeders and scoffed ALL my seedlings  :mad: They can now look or food elsewhere!!

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 20:34 »

Spoke too soon!  >:( The garden birds took exception to my failure to refill their bird feeders and scoffed ALL my seedlings  :mad: They can now look or food elsewhere!!

:ohmy:
Thats nasty.
Birds can be a nuisance with brassicas.
As soon as mine are out they are netted.

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 21:25 »

:ohmy:
Thats nasty.
Birds can be a nuisance with brassicas.
As soon as mine are out they are netted.

Haven't done it before; I wonder if it is  because I've delayed everything this year? Oh well! Covered seed bed on the plot it is then!  :)

Edited to fix quote
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 21:38 by Yorkie »

xx
cauli's

Started by mfconway on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 10, 2008, 10:57
by jennyb
xx
cauli's

Started by Shirlton on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 10, 2008, 18:57
by Porffor
question
cauli's

Started by audrey padmore on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 20, 2012, 17:29
by sunshineband
xx
Cauli

Started by WG. on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 31, 2007, 21:13
by WG.

Page created in 0.46 seconds with 28 queries.