septrin

• 7 Replies

JACDORE

septrin
« on: February 28, 2012, 16:54 »
Has any-one heard or used this stuff before.  Vet has prescribed it today for Maddy as an antibiotic I think, smells just like bananna milkshake.  I cant find anything on the net regarding it though, well, wat makes sense.  No egg withdrawal not that she is laying much anymore as an old girl.
2 rottys 4 cats, 2 gecko's, 2 beardies, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 1 rabbit, 12 various fish, 6 hens, 1 hubby, (lol)

hen-night

• Experienced Member
Re: septrin
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 17:25 »
Hi, never used Septrin but what i've read says 7 days egg withdrawal. I'm sure someone who has used it will put us right...Aden...

JACDORE

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 15:53 »
hi there. just discussed egg withdrawal with this septrin as he had told me yesterday no withdrawal but today he denies ever saying that, bliddy men!!!!  so ive rung the vets to check and ask. Apparantly its not a licensed product for chickens yet and she'd advise egg withdrawal 4weeks min.  Luckily maddy is at the end of her laying days and we can always tell her egg to the other eggs as very pale and thin and large.  So thats the nws days 4wks.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 16:07 »
thats what they advise for all non licensed antibiotics - and some vets even advise for ever  :ohmy:
Staffies are softer than you think.

hen-night

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 16:19 »
This is why its always safer to double or treble check drugs and egg withdrawal.

JACDORE

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 19:43 »
yes joyfull the vet did mention "Maybe forever" as unlicensed etc but said defiantly 4 weeks min.  Think the vet that gave it her knew she had more or less finished her egg laying days so anything now laid is very rare anyway.  Thankyou for that  :)

JACDORE

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 16:04 »
my poor girl started to look so much better but is slowly going back downhill.  Hoping to get her o her 3rd birthday in a few weeks.  She is still eating and drinking but so slow and today ive noticed when you pick her up she holds her claw clenched.  I dont like it when they start doing that as all that we have lost or PTS all did that.  Keep thinking of Maddy in your thoughts guys.

helens-hens

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 16:15 »
Hi Jacdore. Sorry to hear your news, it is horrible seeing an animal going downhill. Will keep everything crossed for you and Maddy.
Helen

xx
septrin antibiotic and egg withdrawal

Started by jhub on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 21, 2010, 09:25
by jhub
xx
worming whilst on septrin/anti biotics

Started by JACDORE on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 08, 2012, 09:44
by bood77

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 29 queries.