What a load of manure!

• 9 Replies

BacktoBasics

What a load of manure!
« on: November 02, 2011, 15:30 »
....... or not.

I just wish to vent my frustrations. I have called 8 gerden nurseries, a wynnestay and a farm supplies store and NOBODY has manure in stock and most of them won't have any until spring! Do they not care about me and my veg ventures? Anyone in the Rhyl area who can help? Was hoping to go out and get some today and get cracking double digging ( whoopee! )

bazh

• Experienced Member
Re: What a load of manure!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 15:36 »
Do you have any stables nearby? phone around, we get ours for free from a local stable.
Faff free zone!

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 15:45 »
what about sheep poo? lots available in your area.
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

BacktoBasics

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 15:49 »
Hi bazh,

thanks for replying. I've heard that if you get it from stables, aswell as it being a bit too fresh, it tends to be full of seeds so was hoping to avoid that if possible. I hate going to big stores but in my frustration I even looked at B&Q who sell it but surprise surprise, they are out of stock unless I want to drive an hour each way to pick it up. I do have chickens but they don't seem to have produced enough for my use yet ( not had them long ) and what I do have is intertwined with straw which I read somewhere is not the best for putting into the ground as its 'stringiness' tends to make the ground harder to work.

BacktoBasics

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 15:59 »
Woop!! Found one, they didn't answer the last two times I called. Composted farmyard manure. 50 litres for £4.75 - didn't think that was all that bad.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 17:07 »
I wish someone would pay me that for composted manure. I have a heap about 6ft high and about 12ft square of very old horse-muck. I feel privileged if someone turns up with a trailer to shift some

BacktoBasics

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 18:05 »
I wish someone would pay me that for composted manure. I have a heap about 6ft high and about 12ft square of very old horse-muck. I feel privileged if someone turns up with a trailer to shift some

Shame you're so far away otherwise I would be straight over!

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 18:27 »

DITTO !    Could you post it ?    ::)    Cheers,     Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

bazh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 19:13 »
Hi bazh,

thanks for replying. I've heard that if you get it from stables, aswell as it being a bit too fresh, it tends to be full of seeds so was hoping to avoid that if possible. I hate going to big stores but in my frustration I even looked at B&Q who sell it but surprise surprise, they are out of stock unless I want to drive an hour each way to pick it up. I do have chickens but they don't seem to have produced enough for my use yet ( not had them long ) and what I do have is intertwined with straw which I read somewhere is not the best for putting into the ground as its 'stringiness' tends to make the ground harder to work.

All ours in already rotted he has 5 different heaps he reackons one heap is 8 years old you'll be suprised how many stables don't dispose of it and just pile it out of the way somewhere beats paying for it.

Woop!! Found one, they didn't answer the last two times I called. Composted farmyard manure. 50 litres for £4.75 - didn't think that was all that bad.

That's less than a standard bag of compost you must be blooming loaded lol

viettaclark

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 19:36 »
I was about to recommend Garden Clever and their tonne (m3) of blended horse manure (mushroom compost) at £81.60 which is lovely black rotted stuff but they'll charge delivery to Carlisle (I get it free being close) so your deal sounds ok at £95 a tonne.
And smaller bags are easier to manage........
I have stables around but no transport!

xx
Have taken pics, how do I load them?

Started by bashful_badger on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2009, 18:51
by zazen999
xx
seed spuds - still got a load!!

Started by puravida on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 15, 2007, 19:09
by starmoonlilly
xx
Chicken Manure Pellets vs DIY Store Manure

Started by RookieJim on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post February 20, 2014, 14:01
by Hampshire Hog
xx
How good is Pig Manure mixed with Horse Manure?

Started by MichelleC on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 05, 2011, 17:50
by MichelleC

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 27 queries.