Hello, any help or advice!

• 1 Replies

MightyScouse

Hello, any help or advice!
« on: September 24, 2011, 22:00 »
Myself and 2 of my friends have just got a allotment and we start on it tomorrow,
At the moment it's in a terrible state, I think cos were youngish we were giving the hardest one to do but oh well were up for the job :tongue2:.

looking from the bottom up to the path,
The mound on the top right us actually years of other inconsiderate plot holders piling all there dodo up, iv noticed 1 bunch of Japanese nut root on it that I will have to sort out, but once iv got rid of weeds and such like am going to use the mound as a rock garden as such and also give my water butt some extra height if needed cos i want to eventually have a water seep system in place,
Were planning on having 4 raised beds using 5th X 1ft and 2" thick scandanavian wood from a pallat that was used to deliver a very heavy piece of machinery,
Then as we get further down the plot were going to turf it for our young children to play as we only have yards were we live, then at the bottom were building a lean to 8 x 6 shed with some decking adjacent to the shed.

Looking towards the bottom were we are putting the lawn, shed and some decking, I know it looks like were taking on a lot and our plans are extreme but am sure we can do it, so any advice would be brilliant.
Thanks for reading my post and hope to speak to you fine people soon.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello, any help or advice!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 22:09 »
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new lotty  :D

The Growing Help link above gives some useful information, including on how to clear a plot
http://www.allotment-garden.org/garden_month.php
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Seed potatoes - advice and general advice on how to start an allotment

Started by barnowl on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 17:34
by kloggs
xx
Plot clearing advice. Opinions and advice valued.

Started by Devondumpling on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2017, 19:54
by snowdrops
xx
Some help/advice please

Started by Rangerkris on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 01, 2009, 18:12
by Rangerkris
xx
Very New Looking For Advice

Started by Flashard on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post November 17, 2010, 00:07
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.429 seconds with 29 queries.