Some mitey questions

• 11 Replies

Goldfinger

Some mitey questions
« on: August 26, 2011, 20:42 »

Everyone on here (mainly Hillfooter  ;) ) is saying to use Ficam W against red mite, so...

Where do you get it? I googled Bowen and Knight, but just got a load of garbage!  :(

Also, I've had them crawl on me  :tongue2: when I last did the coop (poultry shield?  :tongue2: IMO), and was wondering, if any get into your house via footwear / clothing etc, how would you treat your house?

With one of those 'fogger' thingys, like the Bob Martin pet one?

And, (more questions? :ohmy:)  has anyone else seen / heard of a treatment stuff for RM called 'Smite'? I saw it in a local pet store (in a spray form) and was wondering if anyone else has seen / rated it?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Some mitey questions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 20:48 »
Hillfooter may recommend it but it is a professional use only product and requires the person using it to be trained in application of toxic insecticides.

http://www.pestcontroldirect.co.uk/acatalog/Professional_Pest_Control_Products.html

Scroll about half way down the page.

This is the safety data sheet:

http://www.theicsgroup.co.uk/downloads/products/WF044.pdf

rachelr

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 22:19 »
i have used hill footers advice and am happy to do so again as it is the onlhy real way to get rid of the mite.

However, once you hav e gotten rid of them keep using the diatomous earth wash he also suggests and you wont have a problem.

Email hill footer personally he is very helpful

Goldfinger

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 22:22 »

I know someone who delivers seed, feed and chemicals to farm all over the country.

I'll ask him if he's got he's qualified to handle / use it.

Wonder if he'll accept payment in beer??  :nowink:

rachelr

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 22:26 »
go for it. ps its very expensive stuff and i need to get some more soooooo if he will take beer i will open a tb for him lol

I got two sachets from a kind person who had bought a box full. I think they worked out at £6 something per sachet but its been a while and it could have been for the two

Kym503

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 01:15 »
I got some Ficam W from Bowen Knight last year.  It was expensive - about £60 for a box of 10 sachets however I was able to sell my spare ones to others who were struggling to control their red mite (RachelR bought some off me).  Unfortunately I don't have any left. 
Yes - it is only for professional use but I was honest with Bowen and Knight when I rang them to enquire about it and they did sell it to me.  I took sensible precautions when using it and it did the trick!!!
If you do get hold of some let me know (via a PM) and I'd be happy to buy some surplus packets off you for future use!

rachelr

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 09:35 »
thanks Kym i did not want to name and shame you lol.

Goldfinger

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 09:57 »

I googled Bowen and Knight, but just got a load of garbage!  :(

:tongue2: It's Bowden and Knight! Silly me.  :blush:

Found their web site, but it doesn't give a price for 10x15g sachets.
Pestdirect.com's are about a tenner for 10.

Anyone know what Bowdens' prices are lately??

kensington chicks

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 09:59 »
Hi all,

After reading Hillfooters advice I dediced to get some Ficam on stock.  I bought it from bowden & knight and they were selling it by the sachet !

Down with Red Mite  >:(

KC x

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 10:22 »
I got some Ficam W from Bowen Knight last year.  It was expensive - about £60 for a box of 10 sachets however I was able to sell my spare ones to others who were struggling to control their red mite (RachelR bought some off me).  Unfortunately I don't have any left. 
Yes - it is only for professional use but I was honest with Bowen and Knight when I rang them to enquire about it and they did sell it to me.  I took sensible precautions when using it and it did the trick!!!
If you do get hold of some let me know (via a PM) and I'd be happy to buy some surplus packets off you for future use!

Can I remind everyone that selling and buying through these forums even by PM is strictly forbidden and will lead to banning and deletion of your account. Please read the site policies. 

Recommending an illegal method of chemical use is very frowned upon, so stating that you are happy to use a professional only substance purchased from Bowen and Knight will not only irritate me but could cause Bowen and Knight to lose their licence to sell restricted products.

I will not ban Kym503 and RachelR on this occasion but will have no hesitation in doing so in the future.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:36 by Aunt Sally »

rachelr

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 10:31 »
Thats a little harsh we were not selling/buying for profit. We were sharing the cost of something.

I do it all the time with friends. If we buy chicken food by bulk we share the cost.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 10:35 »
if this is done through this forum then it is against forum rules and as also been pointed out Bowden and Knight could also lose their licence to sell this if they sell it to people without licences.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
? Scaly mitey things???

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 08, 2009, 15:39
by Snowy Howells
xx
questions questions any help would be great thanxs

Started by smallholder2010 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 19:43
by jhub
xx
Questions Questions Questions...

Started by Lardman on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 27, 2008, 20:33
by Foxy
xx
More Questions....sorry

Started by LadyPluck on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 07, 2009, 19:50
by LadyPluck

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 30 queries.