Questions Questions Questions...

• 1 Replies

Lardman

« on: September 27, 2008, 19:46 »
Seems all I do lately is pose questions to you lot... I promise I'll stop when I know everything   :D

I've got over the initial O.M.G.s and now have all new set.

I nearly had my head taken off by a low flying (6ft) Lunch this morning, So Im thinking of wing clipping. Is it something I can do alone? (If so how), the only help I can enlist isn't too confident around the girls and Id hate to cause them distress or do some serious damage.

Id also like to know the groups opinions on space vs entertainment within the run. After cleaning out today by the time Id put back the feeder, drinker, grit bowl, perches, sandbox  and shower tray of compost, I noticed theres actually very little floor space left in the run.

Foxy

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 20:33 »
Dont worry about asking questions we all do! :lol:
You might find this thread useful as it covers the topic of wing clipping plus a diagram to help.
http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=15495&highlight=wing+clipping

with regard to space v entertainment a medium chicken requires an absolute minimum of 1m sq run space. It is also important to ensure some distractions to avoid them developing nasty habits like feather pecking due to boredom. Hanging cabbages for them to peck at is one idea :D

xx
questions questions any help would be great thanxs

Started by smallholder2010 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 19:43
by jhub
xx
egg questions.????

Started by calamityjane77 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 23, 2010, 21:28
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Three questions

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 17, 2008, 21:51
by westie
xx
More Questions....sorry

Started by LadyPluck on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 07, 2009, 19:50
by LadyPluck

Page created in 0.588 seconds with 29 queries.