They're here!!!

• 51 Replies

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
Re: late delivery HELP !!!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 00:45 »
Or we could just call you Paul.  ;)

I'm glad to hear the hens have arrived safely, and you have done the right thing by leaving some water in their coop overnight.  When they wake up in the morning they will be able to have a long, cool drink and feel much better for it!

Do let us know how you get on with them.  Will you have some time to spend with them over the week-end?  When I first got my chickens (was it really only six months ago?!) If ound the best thing was to spend some quiet toime with them and just get to know them.  As a new chicken-keeper you don't know what's normal and what's not, so quiet time watching them is really valuable.

All the best for you and your new girls.  I hope the rest of your chicken-keeping career is less stressful than this! :)

Anndee

• Experienced Member
Re: late delivery HELP !!!
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 12:29 »
Yeah! Glad to hear they finally got safely delivered, and good luck to your forthcoming months of pleasure.
I have still to get my girls. I have 2 cockerels (don'task  :blush:) and hope they are all going to get on!!

Numptyone

Re: late delivery HELP UPDATE
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 18:37 »
Open the Coop this morning and after a while the girls  slowly emerged ,Willow.Winnie ,and Witney,
my wife has sat out all Day (in the rain ) watching other than Loose motions and Dirty bottoms they have been fed on layers pellets they seem ok UNTIL Willow went into the Coop and did not appear for some time my wife had to have a look and was rewarded with a small Brown egg  we let them have a stroll on the grass and they have found the way back towards the Coop and run. l had asked for they wings to be clipped l will leave it a little while before l tackle that job so alls quiet in Numpty Towers have taken some photos but just as l am not experienced yet do not know if they smiled for the camera !! now were,s that bottle of wine----medicinal purposes only
ps may somebody explain how one changes one screen name
Paul

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: They're here!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 18:55 »
changed it to they're here is that ok?  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Numptyone

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 18:56 »
Ok by me
thank you

joyfull

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 19:04 »
 :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 21:22 »
changed it to they're here is that ok?  :D

Think Paul might have meant the "Numptyone" name change  :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Numptyone

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 21:24 »
your pokin fun at the new boy  :D

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 21:25 »
Glad to hear all is well and they are settling in ok. Can't wait to see pics.  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 21:28 »
your pokin fun at the new boy  :D

Certainly not, it was me who said you did not suit your name as you are not a numpty.  Thought you were asking how to change your forum name.   :D

joyfull

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 21:31 »
oh - do you want your name changing then numpty? if so send Aunt Sally a message and she will be able to help you  :D

salt and pepper

• 5 Rhode Island red bantams and a golden retreiver
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 21:32 »
Have you got a picture of the egg  :D

Numptyone

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 21:38 »
 last evening there was a sense Lord Numpty should change his name now l am on the verge of
resigning my heritage some members are questioning  the  advice

Help Aunt Sally

MellowYellow

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 14:00 »
How are the chickens doing "Lord Numpty"  ;)

I've been following your thread and have lived through every minute with you and all the other posters giving you advice.

Isn't it great to have so much help and advice so readily available.  I'm a newbie like you and have learnt so much on these boards.  :D

We bought a ready made run and coop like you have which we've had the girls in for about 5 weeks, but we are off to the DIY store for wood an wire to extend it today as I really feel there isn't enough space for them on days when they may be in there all day if I am at work.

Not that I'm saying yours won't be big enough :blush:

What is it about my kitchen that is so more appealing to the chickens than the back garden!!!   ;-)

Numptyone

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2011, 15:31 »
Mell
Coop 1mx1m Run 3mx1m
But quickly realised that when you put the water ,pellet it did not look big enough so we have kept the run and coop on the flagstones but are going to fence some garden off for them as it is now we have left the run open and they move around the garden but come back to the coop to lay last night we just left them and as it went dark they came back to the run had a snack and climbed up the stairs to bed ,so no trouble at all ,love small Tomatoes and trying to winkle snails out of there shell ,3 Girls  l have some photo,s which l will upload tonight ,we are going to clean them up on Sunday ,dirty bums ,and clip there wings, we have put sawdust in the run ,it has a floor board around the bottom so the sawdust does not blow away.
Paul

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 29 queries.