sour crop

• 7 Replies

pinkladies

sour crop
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:12 »
Hi all, I`m fairly sure one of my ladies has sour crop, she is a 2 1/2 year old light sussex hybred and is not laying any more .She is only drinking and not eating,her poo is watery with the white urine bit ,but  she looks miserable. I have felt her this morning and her crop is squishy and not lumpy. I have gently tried to massage her crop and gently tip her forward ( as has been said on here before )but nothing came out  any advice on giving her live yoghert etc today I will get her to the vets tommorrow....thank you....Shirley

pinkladies

Re: sour crop
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:36 »
Hi again, forgot to add on the first post the pooly girl keeps extending her neck and doing a strange wiggle with her neck like shes trying to dislodge a blockage.....I have just been out to her again massaging her crop while gently tilting her forward and up came the smelly liquid so I definately think sour crop so what can I do today ?....thanks...Shirley

kegs

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 13:01 »
Hi

Luckily I haven't had to deal with Sour Crop but I think this is the link you need which will give you information on what to do until you can get your chicken to the vet.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=4345.0

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

pinkladies

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 13:13 »
Hi Kegs, thanks for your reply and will look at the link....will let you know how I get on...Shirley

pinkladies

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 14:56 »
OK so I `ve just got the live bio yogurt any sugestions how to get her to take it ? I have got a syringe from the pet shop but don`t want to  stress/ hurt her ? any ideas as I`ve put it on her beak and she just flicks it every where ....thanks...Shirley

orchardlady

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 18:11 »
This is a thread that I started some time ago and there might be info that could be of use. The hen in question is still going strong.

Orchardlady. :)

pinkladies

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 18:33 »
thank you orchardlady, great thread and great advice ......thanks for help......will keep posting......Shirley

orchardlady

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 23:06 »
Opps forgot to actually put the link up for you, must have looked like I was claiming all the credit for the other one!

Orchardlady.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=67240.0

xx
Impacted Crop in 4 week old chick (Modified - It's Sour Crop)

Started by kegs on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 26, 2012, 14:48
by New shoot
xx
Sour crop/Slow crop?

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 11:02
by pink-chicken
xx
Sour Crop - Help

Started by Ange69 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 26, 2012, 13:07
by kegs
xx
sour crop ?maybe

Started by Lyn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2010, 15:08
by Lyn

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 31 queries.