Cost of Flubenvet

• 16 Replies

gracie

• Experienced Member
Re: Cost of Flubenvet
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 21:42 »
Oh this worming seems very overwhelming for someone new to chicken keeping. I have 4 chickens of 12 and 15 weeks old. They free range whenever I am home. I'm not lazy but would prefer the easiest way of worming. What do you recommend, at present I need a plan of how and when to worm as a preventative measure.

Helenaj

Re: Cost of Flubenvet
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 07:02 »
Personally, I prefer the pellets - there's no measuring or mixing of the powder into the pellets. However, with only 4 chickens you may find it wasteful to buy the pellets. The smallest the Heygates pellets come in are 5kg sacks (which would be ideal for you). I know my supplier stocks them at that size (and 10kgs), but not many do, so you'll either have to throw them away if you can only get the 20kg or 10kg (short shelf life) or ideally, find another chicken keeper who would be willing to share a sack with you.

If your girls free range, then they will have more contact with worms - in the snails and slugs they eat: etc or if they are kept on the same ground for any length of time, so I would recommend worming about every three - four months.

xx
Anyone know the cost of an autopsy?

Started by haychickilady on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 20:27
by haychickilady
xx
am a bit worried about cost,..

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 19, 2008, 20:48
by poultrygeist
xx
flubenvet 2.5%

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 12:11
by Chookiechook
xx
flubenvet

Started by JACDORE on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 18:51
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 28 queries.