What is this on my neighbours potatos ? (pics)

• 16 Replies

Salmo

Re: What is this on my neighbours potatos ? (pics)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 00:22 »
Have you spoken to the farmer. Most of them are reasonable people. If he is aware that spray drift has damaged your crops I am sure he will take more care in future. Show him your photos.

Growem

Re: What is this on my neighbours potatos ? (pics)
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28 »
Hi Sparta

Had to google 'chelation'. Looks interesting, so thanks.

Hi Salmo

I'm a little conscious of hijacking this thread so first let me apologise for that and then I'll be as brief as possible.

Although I haven't raised the matter with the farmer who I speak with quite often, I think he is aware of it. To be fair to him, even with the greatest of care I doubt drift could be avoided unless the wind happens to blow away from me. Just to compound the issue, two years ago it was a different farmer/field and potentially there are two others depending on the wind direction. As you have probably guessed this is very much a farming area and I'm taking the view that now I know what the problem is, perhaps hosing down all the plants a few times is a price I have to pay for my idyllic surroundings.

So, back to Dan and his neighbour's spuds? I guess if it is physiological damage like mine at least it won't spread to other plants. Although it may take a few days for all the plants to show symptoms depending on the level of exposure which could appear as if it was spreading. I hope it works out ok whatever it is.

xx
Neighbours got the beans out

Started by peanut97 on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post April 03, 2007, 21:26
by GrannieAnnie
grin
Lovely neighbours

Started by Lottie Mary on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 13:28
by Lottie Mary
xx
Raspberry neighbours

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 21:29
by casper
xx
lazy neighbours

Started by mum of 3 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post October 24, 2006, 14:59
by muntjac

Page created in 1.07 seconds with 36 queries.