Brinsea Mini Incubator

• 3 Replies

evie2

Brinsea Mini Incubator
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:34 »
I've got some Choc Orpington Bantam eggs coming, they're a present for someone who has  an extremely broody bantam and would like to hatch some chicks.  However, they'll hatch just as they go off on a 2 week holiday, didn't know this, so unless one of my hens goes broody, very doubtful, I'll need an incubator >:(

I've seen a Brinsea Mini ECO 10 egg incubator, has anyone any experience with these?
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

kaz1510

Re: Brinsea Mini Incubator
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 19:44 »
Hi i'm not a pro at using incubators but i used the Brinsea mini Eco with my first batch. Is it the manual turn model?
I had the manual turn model , but that was no problem you just got to keep turning the eggs daily at least 3 times a day. I must admit i turned them 5 times a day and recorded everything.
I set 10 eggs and only 3 hatched but that was because most of them were not fertile. Its a simple machine that does the job, i have only just sold mine and invested in the Brinsea Octagon 20 auto, the only thing i've got to do now is fill the water pots and let nature take its course, well artificially!!    :)
1 Bluebell, 1 Magpie Maran, 2 Goldlines, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Exchequer Leghorn, 1 Buff Sussex, 1 Chocolate Orpington, 2 Wellsummers, 1 white leghorn cross and 1 Crested Cream Legbar. Not forgetting my 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits and my sons rats

Gandan57

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 20:31 »
Can`t you move their banty to your place and let her sit on the eggs?
I`m left handed, what`s your excuse?

evie2

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 21:20 »
Ideally yes, in practical terms ::) it's the mother in law ;)

The eggs will arrive within the next 48 hours and we will be helping to look after her hens when she's on holiday, we don't see a problem but , , ,  ::)

In the meantime I'll look at incubators, just in case, I don't mind turning the eggs.

Where's a broody when you need it ::)

xx
Brinsea Mini Incubator advice - Babies! (pics)

Started by chuckie.egg on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 02, 2009, 17:38
by Foxy
xx
Brinsea Incubator

Started by skyblue on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 20, 2008, 16:53
by naturesparadise
xx
Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance incubator advice

Started by chuckie.egg on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 20:37
by Rubellite
xx
Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 05, 2011, 21:16
by joyfull

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 36 queries.