delphiniums

• 2 Replies

loobs61

delphiniums
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:11 »
 :) Hi everyone,
I have sucsessfully managed ( much to my suprise and delight ) a couple of basal cuttings from my biggest delph, only did this for the first time this spring, so now my question is what do I do with them now, will they be hardy and strong enough to plant into the garden now or do they need looking after in pots in the greenhouse/ conservertory till next year. dont want to loose them now thro lack of knowledge.   :unsure:

Trillium

Re: delphiniums
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 16:26 »
Hopefully you have them stuck into pots of very free draining compost, mixed with either lots of grit, perlite or sand. Water well and keep them in a sheltered, semi-shaded area until you're sure they have their own roots. To put them into direct sun now is far too stressful as they've no support system. So check them often for slugs, and water from time to time. In a few months they should have root systems and can be planted out.

loobs61

Re: delphiniums
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:02 »
 :)thanks for that, yes free draining compost, will look after them with care and attention.
would hate to loose them now I know I can do it. If these survive I wull do loads more next year  :D

xx
Delphiniums

Started by Antonius on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 22, 2010, 18:16
by Antonius
xx
Delphiniums

Started by Tinbasher on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 11, 2008, 20:48
by Tinbasher
question
delphiniums

Started by bridienme on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post September 07, 2011, 09:11
by DD.
xx
Delphiniums

Started by Hey Jude on General Gardening

15 Replies
Last post May 03, 2010, 16:08
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 28 queries.