chick with poorly leg

• 0 Replies

redspookycooky

chick with poorly leg
« on: April 26, 2011, 17:42 »
Hi after some advice, one of my chicks, 10 days old, has injured its leg, no idea how he`s done it as they are in a plastic brooder box, its eating drinking and hopping around fine, its noticebly smaller than the other 2, and not in any discomfort, i can touch and move its poorly leg.
It looks like the joint right at the top of its leg, hock??, is swollen about twice its size and its leg doesn`t quite look aligned, looks like the leg needs twisting slightly so it looks straight, it can  rest that part on the floor and shuffle or hop about, as its not in pain, been like it about 4 days, thought it had just been knocked and would settle down, i`m happy to leave it for now, but i`m concerned about how it will manage in the long term, ie getting picked on, when it goes in the main run.
Did phone a vets for advice but they couldn`t offer much advice,as they don`t really deal with chickens, but said to splint it, not really sure how to do that or if its to late, any advice greatly appreciated, thanks

xx
poorly chick

Started by madameraz on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 10:55
by madameraz
sad
Poorly chick

Started by Nails on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 22:00
by Nails
xx
poorly chick

Started by Gaz55 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post June 10, 2008, 19:27
by Gaz55
sad
poorly chick

Started by binarose on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 25, 2009, 21:17
by binarose

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 28 queries.