Chillis still green

• 7 Replies

wildeone

Chillis still green
« on: August 28, 2007, 08:45 »
Hi i've got 2 chilli plants with about 20 chillis on each but they are very green and show no signs of changing at all!!!! What can i do :?:  :?

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Chillis still green
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:57 »
Wait and prey for more of the sunny stuff, they do need sun but they will ripen when ready, just keep an eye for mould. If by the end of there little life and the plant starts to die they will ripen overnight.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Chillis still green
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 13:26 »
Mine are still green too!

helluvatractor

Chillis still green
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 13:31 »
my greenhouse ones are doing ok, some have turned a nice bright red :D .

funny thing though, i repotted one of these plants and stuck it outside and the chilis went from green to jet black and then red, something the other plants of the same variety didn't do when left in the greenhouse :shock:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Chillis still green
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 13:40 »
Mmmm, strange!!!!

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
Chillis still green
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 15:12 »
My chillies are a bit on the slow side.  I've had one habanero that ripened to orange but the rest of them have only just started fruiting.  I have a few cayennes but again most of these have only just started to fruit.  The jalapenos are only just starting to flower so I guess it's too late for them this year.

Fat Hen

Chillis still green
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 17:55 »
Quote from: "gregmcalister"
My chillies are a bit on the slow side.  I've had one habanero that ripened to orange but the rest of them have only just started fruiting.  I have a few cayennes but again most of these have only just started to fruit.  The jalapenos are only just starting to flower so I guess it's too late for them this year.

Not necessarily will probably be ripe by Christmas.  I was still getting chillis last yr at Christmas & my hot thai was in a similar state to Jalepeno and ended up getting loads of chillis off it.

Most of my chillis are in flower having been pretty much dormant through June & July, still hoping for a reasonable crop (eventually).

Wildeone - in our climate chillis can take months to ripen, be patient and wait.

wildeone

Chillis still green
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 18:12 »
Quote from: "Fat Hen"
Wildeone - in our climate chillis can take months to ripen, be patient and wait.

Will do..... patience is not my strong point!! Gardening will no doubt teach me this over the next few years!!! Plus my hubby wants to eat them green and i wont let him!!!!

xx
chillis

Started by lightyears on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 28, 2008, 09:43
by agapanthus
xx
What to do with my chillis

Started by samnorfolk on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 08:29
by Sadgit
xx
Big Chillis

Started by backpain on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 17, 2008, 16:40
by backpain
xx
Chillis - There not hot ???

Started by webby139 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post July 20, 2011, 13:08
by arugula

Page created in 0.457 seconds with 27 queries.