Possible Stupid Question Alert !

• 1 Replies

dilsdaisy

Possible Stupid Question Alert !
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:49 »
Hi ..forgive me if this is a really obvious thing have attempted to research on the net but its churning up all sorts of complicated bumpf.
Two of my hens were bought from a breeder and were sold as 'wormed and vaccinated', my third hen was inherited in a will from an elderly relative  and is prob now about 3 1/2 years old.. the question is the two 'new' ones am I right in thinking they are vaccinated against salmonella ? and if so should I be getting Maggie ( the older inherited one) vaccinated too ?.. its just with passing my extra eggs onto neighbours and family/friends etc ..
the blurb on the internet states that free ranging chucks are at high risk ...
help ! confused  :unsure:
1x Light Sussex, 1 x Brahma, 1x Buff Orpington, 2 x cats , 2 x guinea pigs, 4 x kids , 1 x husband

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Possible Stupid Question Alert !
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 15:55 »
their are so many different vaccinations that they could have been given and these vaccines start to be given at a day old. They could have been given a salmonella one or perhaps a marek's or one for something completely different - you would need to ask the seller just which ones and also if they were live vaccines or not. It will be too late to administer the vaccines to the older one though.  Just worm them all every 3-4 months and practise good animal husbandry - keeping their living conditions clean, feed them correctly and ensure they have fresh clean water and they should be fine  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
OK, silly question alert!!

Started by janiejakemum on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 16:07
by mtoyne
xx
this may be a stupid question...

Started by brownp on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 12, 2010, 16:01
by craig1981
xx
stupid question?

Started by dollybird on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 22:55
by joyfull
xx
Stupid Question

Started by Blondie on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 26, 2007, 20:48
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 37 queries.