The Domestic Fowl Trust

• 28 Replies

retribution

The Domestic Fowl Trust
« on: February 20, 2011, 21:32 »
ordered a sand bath for the girls, put the mix in it and picked it up. went snap. One of those things i guess. what i was most disapointed in was that i sent them a message about it and didnt even get a reply. Ho hum

hillfooter

Re: The Domestic Fowl Trust
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 23:25 »
TDFT huh !!!

Chx make their own dust baths there's no need to buy one and they will ignore it anyway and find a spot they prefer that you never thought of.
TTFN
HF
Truth through science.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:56 »
TDFT? Please explain, thanks
Staffies are softer than you think.

carolbriar

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:14 »
Sorry HF but I beg to differ!  I bought a plastic box - about  3 ft x 1 1/2ft and filled it with soil and sand mixture which I made sure was dry.  I put it under a shelter that we had made for the hens and although it took a little while they use it a lot.  In fact, there is now hardly any soil in it where they have enjoyed tossing it around so much.  They have got their own dustbath which they made but when it is so wet they use the one in the shelter.   :)
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 08:22 »
I love Mr Moles and Sue Annes dust bath that they set up for their chickens:-

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=42289.msg498023#msg498023

Still don't know what TDFT means!

orchardlady

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 20:08 »
Me neither joyful.....someone please explain....

OL

hillfooter

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 22:19 »
Oh I'm glad it's not just me then!  Checked the abreviation tester and got,

Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumour ! sounds quite likely, I often have a need to abreviate this expression,
Testing For Design and Testability?
Time Dependent Fourier Transform ...............ummm could be??? I've actually used one of these.
Total Dry Film Thickness  ............not very likely, hardly use this expression at all
TEARS DROP FROM TYRANNY ...........they are a sort of music band ....errrr... I think.  Here's an extract from their website which tells you all:-

"Changed Genre Become Screamo/Post Hardcore/Southern Rock whereupon We start to try harder,try crazier and try serious to make a song , and no word for romp again. we had kill time just for romp yesterday and we will show name this band back to singing with scream and growl hard to you all there although we just stupid schoolchild but we sure we Can to singing,scream,growl.we never care if us abeam that we weak and the like but we stay to singing,scream without care those all thanks for you all which support us to date , one word from us please always support band local. to this moment we have some song "

Well i think that says it all really ???

HF

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 22:53 »
To Do For Today
Take Daddy's Fire Truck
The Deal Fell Through
This Date; Future Time
That Darned Furniture Trolley
That Doesn't Feel Tight
Theories Don't Fit Truth

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:48 »
That Darned Fing Trashed  :unsure:  Retribution did say the sand bath broke the first time it was picked up   :)

I've just invested in a cat litter tray and sand for my new run as it won't offer the digging opportunities of the main run, so hopefully I will have more luck  ;)  :lol:

Failing that I shall take solace in the profound music of Tears drop from Tyranny  :blink:  :lol: And HF what on earth is a Time Dependent Fourier Transform - you must be making that up  :lol:

hillfooter

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 14:42 »
And HF what on earth is a Time Dependent Fourier Transform - you must be making that up  :lol:

New shoot you should know better than to doubt me and certainly better than to ask me what this is, which I think should more properly be Time Domain Fourier Transform TDFT.  But you asked for it.

Basically a Fourier Transform is a mathmatical operation which converts (Transforms) a signal which varies in time (Time Domain) to a series of frequencies with different amplitudes (Frequency Domain).  The reason to do this is it is sometimes easier to separate out the parts of the signal you are interested in if you "look" at it in the frequency domain.  

For example a musical note, say from a stringed instrument, if recorded will produce a signal which varies with time.  It will consist of a fundamental note of a particular frequency and also several harmonics which complicate the signal. The fundamental note and it's harmonics can be much more clearly separated and their individual amplitutes identified and measured if the signal is processed by a Fourier transform.  Many branches of science use this technique particularly to separate weak signals from a signal which contains them hidden in large amounts of random noise.

Computers are often used to perform FTs on a recorded data set.  FFTs Fast Fourier Transforms are used to convert signals in real time, rather than from a recorded set of data, in order to process and clean up communication signals on the fly.  

Communications and radio signals are where I've used this technique.  

Well you did ask! :lol:

HF
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 14:49 by hillfooter »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 15:04 »
Thank you oh wise one - all now becomes clear   :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

I promise never to doubt you again - now off to rest me head in a darkened room after reading that lot  :nowink:  :lol:

Still none the wiser what its got to do with dust baths mind  :blink:

jinty1911

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 17:04 »
And HF what on earth is a Time Dependent Fourier Transform - you must be making that up  :lol:

New shoot you should know better than to doubt me and certainly better than to ask me what this is, which I think should more properly be Time Domain Fourier Transform TDFT.  But you asked for it.

Basically a Fourier Transform is a mathmatical operation which converts (Transforms) a signal which varies in time (Time Domain) to a series of frequencies with different amplitudes (Frequency Domain).  The reason to do this is it is sometimes easier to separate out the parts of the signal you are interested in if you "look" at it in the frequency domain.  

For example a musical note, say from a stringed instrument, if recorded will produce a signal which varies with time.  It will consist of a fundamental note of a particular frequency and also several harmonics which complicate the signal. The fundamental note and it's harmonics can be much more clearly separated and their individual amplitutes identified and measured if the signal is processed by a Fourier transform.  Many branches of science use this technique particularly to separate weak signals from a signal which contains them hidden in large amounts of random noise.

Computers are often used to perform FTs on a recorded data set.  FFTs Fast Fourier Transforms are used to convert signals in real time, rather than from a recorded set of data, in order to process and clean up communication signals on the fly.  

Communications and radio signals are where I've used this technique.  

Well you did ask! :lol:

HF

WAHAAAAAA!!!!! Brill  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

retribution

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 16:23 »
LoL you lot are funny, i have been away for a while so no oppertunity to fill you in TDFT = The Domestic Foul Trust.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 18:23 »
Then it would have been better to say that in the title.

I will change it and please be more explicit next time - I is not funny ::)

Changed !
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 18:25 by Aunt Sally »

hillfooter

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 19:18 »
Then it would have been better to say that in the title.

I will change it and please be more explicit next time - I is not funny ::)

Changed !

Seems a shame to clear up this mystery it was much more interesting to muse on the potential meaning and gave me an opportunity to talk about Time Domain Fourier Transforms a subject which otherwise wouldn't have graced these posts.  The reality is rather a bore don't you think?

HF

xx
Domestic fowl trust - worth a visit?

Started by jo40 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 23, 2009, 21:54
by jo40
xx
Domestic pet's

Started by jimroden on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 09, 2008, 14:44
by PJM
xx
Some Domestic Duck Questions.

Started by Mona on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 12, 2007, 14:11
by belladonna
xx
Chook Dome - domestic size

Started by Dopey113 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 13, 2012, 11:21
by Anndee

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 30 queries.