What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

snowdrops

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #2190 on: August 13, 2011, 15:24 »
Been & dug up 2 Kelsae onions for heaviest onion in the local show ( 1 weighed 3lbs) & 1 long runner bean.Took them to the show,I've lost the longest runner bean class already as I put it next to one that was at least 6 " bigger but  egged on by my sister & my plot neighbour I went back to the plot & got 2 more onions to add to the 1 left behind at home for the 3 onions as grown class. Also entered a sock monkey into the any other craft item. :happy:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Paul Plots

« Reply #2191 on: August 13, 2011, 16:43 »
Re-attached the shed door and informed the local police of the the items that had been stolen >:(
OMG! Really s to hear about that.  :(. I hope the blighters didn't get away with too much.   :tongue2:

Our local police came to mark tools (especially power tools) with our post code in ultra violet and gave us stickers to display on our sheds. It helped, I hope.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Nige2Plots

« Reply #2192 on: August 13, 2011, 18:55 »
Just picked the fruits of our successes 8)

Paul Plots

« Reply #2193 on: August 13, 2011, 23:33 »
Just picked the fruits of our successes 8)

Good for you. I hope they were many.  ;)

Lady Rosemary

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2194 on: August 13, 2011, 23:40 »
FInished weeding the tunnel, took out the rotting broccoli  :tongue2:, sowed some Chinese stem broccoli in it's place, weeded the rest of the brassica cage, weeded the bean/sweetcorn/squash bed. Fed and watered everything - then cooked chilli with home grown goodness!  8)
~Remember What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.~

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2195 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39 »
happy happy! rain started, so don't need to do watering  :D i was worried of water shortage

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2196 on: August 15, 2011, 14:50 »
Cut back the squash plants, harvested the last of the red epicure broad beans, took out the old rocket, and dug over the bed.

Removed 11 buckets of stones from it (Only 2m.4m by 1.2m  :ohmy: :ohmy: )

Picked loads of raspberries and just over a kilo of blackberries form the hedgerow  :D :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Kiki

« Reply #2197 on: August 15, 2011, 14:55 »
Strimmed, took down alderman peas to make room for PSB plants, squashed loads of catapillers, watered and weeded chinese radish seedlings, stood on a row of salad radish just coming through while weeding carrots. Swore alot  :mad:. Picked beans and ate raspberries.

Paul Plots

« Reply #2198 on: August 15, 2011, 16:51 »
No plot visit for me today... nice day weather wise though. I have just 50 minutes free and would never make it there and back. I so wanted to do a spot of watering and weeding and relaxing too.  :mellow:

lizzie1982

« Reply #2199 on: August 15, 2011, 21:37 »
Today i picked about 8kg of plums and 1kg of runner beans, and a bunch of sweet peas to go in the new vase on my table.

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #2200 on: August 15, 2011, 21:45 »
Pulled all the onions this evening, got enough to see us through till the new year   :lol:

Had a good walk around the plot and a little chat to fellow plot holders and headed off home  :)

Started planning what's going to be planted next year and how were going to shape the plot up  :)

Kiki

« Reply #2201 on: August 16, 2011, 15:32 »
Planted PSB where the peas were, dug up a pink fir apple potato plant and got 4 lb 2oz of spuds - fantastic! Weeded, watered and covered newly germinated Autumn King carrots with fleece. Planted chard seedlings where potato was. Gave the key to my friend who will look after my plot for the next 4 weeks while I'm in France. It'll be fine I'm sure *gulp*  :unsure:

Guzzik

« Reply #2202 on: August 16, 2011, 22:27 »
Went down and checked the "girls" were still flying.  Continued building the new fruit cage till I ran out of wood...........Louise and I picked all the french beans that were left.  Then I dumped the rubbish, hoed the areas on my plot that are bare soil to keep the weeds down.  Also hoed over part of the half plot next to me coz the lady who rents it's husband has had a stroke and she is up to her eyeballs with looking after him.  Picked more tomatos from the polytunnel, made sure everythingin the tunnel was watered and checked over the Pepper plants we have growing there as well.
No, that carrot is a worm mum.................

snowdrops

« Reply #2203 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32 »
Been & dug up 2 Kelsae onions for heaviest onion in the local show ( 1 weighed 3lbs) & 1 long runner bean.Took them to the show,I've lost the longest runner bean class already as I put it next to one that was at least 6 " bigger but  egged on by my sister & my plot neighbour I went back to the plot & got 2 more onions to add to the 1 left behind at home for the 3 onions as grown class. Also entered a sock monkey into the any other craft item. :happy:
I got 2nd prize for the  3 onions as grown class,then won coffee & biscuits in the raffle & then won the lottery albeit £10 it was very welcome & all on my birthday. So a very good Saturday for me. Hopefully time to garden this week now my sister has gone home.

kosh42|EFG

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2204 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43 »
Picked more salad for work, finished securing the thick grating over the shed windows with one way screws.

Once I have practised with my new mattock at home, that will be coming down the plot with me to get up some tree roots that have claimed two forks already.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2020

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

247 Replies
Last post December 31, 2020, 15:57
by Aidy
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 31 queries.