What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

Springlands

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #2025 on: July 16, 2011, 11:22 »
Yesterday I spent the afternoon watering - and then it rained all night.  :ohmy: :ohmy:

Paul Plots

« Reply #2026 on: July 16, 2011, 11:47 »
Yesterday I spent the afternoon watering - and then it rained all night.  :ohmy: :ohmy:

:lol:  :lol: That's the sort of thing that happens to me too often  ::)  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

plum crumble

« Reply #2027 on: July 16, 2011, 13:06 »
got soaked picking up the carrier bag FULL of blackberries that I picked last night then left in the shed overnight on the lottie.
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #2028 on: July 16, 2011, 18:31 »
Inbetween the rain managed to go and water the greenhouses. Like to go if just for a short while. Will be a few days before can go again due to shifts
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

Springlands

« Reply #2029 on: July 17, 2011, 08:24 »
Between the rain showers - weeded and then planted six tomato plants which were grown from side shoots. If they produce fruits, good, if not, well it just took a couple of minutes to plant them.

Nige2Plots

« Reply #2030 on: July 17, 2011, 09:02 »
Went up late yesterday after a rather difficult day. I just pottered and let the worries of the world melt away. Ain't the plot the perfect place for that!

Lady Rosemary

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2031 on: July 17, 2011, 09:37 »
Went up late yesterday after a rather difficult day. I just pottered and let the worries of the world melt away. Ain't the plot the perfect place for that!

Oh, it's the best place ever.  A lovely cuppa with all the sounds of nature around you (even the planes flying over the plot to land at EMA)! You can't beat it.  :D
~Remember What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.~

Paul Plots

« Reply #2032 on: July 17, 2011, 11:57 »

This is so true... A haven from the madness and mayhew.
                                 Once through the gates life is altogether different.  :happy:

I wonder if heaven has an allotment shed for us all?

Pollys

« Reply #2033 on: July 17, 2011, 20:44 »
Potatoes french beans and cabbage pulled and in the pot now, I cannot believe how many spuds you get from 3 small chit potatoes from Wilkinson's   :ohmy:

kosh42|EFG

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2034 on: July 17, 2011, 21:24 »
Managed to sow this weeks cut and come again lettuce leaves, some cos lettuces and thinned out my radishes (planted the thinnings back in some bald patches of the row). Also pulled out a couple of the larger weeds before the rain came back and I headed home.

On the plus side my beans and spring onions are coming through.

Losty

« Reply #2035 on: July 17, 2011, 23:28 »
Today, We harvested some more sugarsnap peas, lifted some swede that wasn't doing too well, picked another 4 courgettes, made another compost bin, and started to fill it with the bits and pieces that were put aside as the other composters were full!

Hopefully we also stopped the cucumbers mountaineering their way around the greenhouse!
Put in a support for the alderman peas.
Harvested the pickling onions and a cabbage.

Cheers
Losty

greentig3r

« Reply #2036 on: July 18, 2011, 00:13 »
I moved lots of tomato plants from home to allotment. Planted these then spent time harvesting peas, mange touts, radish, onions, spuds and salad.

I also picked a handful of rasps, but they weren't the prettiest; i think the bushes are past their best.

lazza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2037 on: July 18, 2011, 10:11 »
Planted another pot of radishes, and a short row of beetroot.

Spent about an hour tidying up the plants in the lean-to to see if I can encourage a bit more fruiting, as I'm a bit frustrated that the outdoor courgettes and tomatoes are doing FAR better than the greenhouse ones. So lots of tying, pinching, removing of dead leaves, etc.

Started clearing up the strawberry patch - picked the last of the fruit, and started plnting some of the runners.

Other than that, a bit of damage limitation on the lawn which ended the day on Sunday very flooded!

stompy

« Reply #2038 on: July 18, 2011, 11:47 »
Sowed some sweeds in cells on Saturday and sprayed the peppers and chillie plants with dilute fairy liquid over the weekend to try and controll the green fly, it seems to be doing the trick.

grendel

« Reply #2039 on: July 18, 2011, 17:58 »
popped up and prepared a bed for leeks, strimmed the access path, and planted weeds, got wet, picked some peas and beans, then came home.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today 2020

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

247 Replies
Last post December 31, 2020, 15:57
by Aidy
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws

Page created in 0.665 seconds with 32 queries.