What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

LilacSandy

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #1620 on: June 03, 2011, 18:01 »
Put in some more runner bean plants, watered of course, and swore at the birds for taking every single one of my black currents, that will teach me to peg the netting down properly.  >:(

grendel

« Reply #1621 on: June 03, 2011, 19:52 »
finished the weeding on one half plot.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

jimthejimjim

• Leyland Mini Club
« Reply #1622 on: June 03, 2011, 19:55 »
Just back from the plot.

Planted out Peas, Runer Beans, Tomatoes, Basil & a few left over sweet peas.
What I believe to be Blackcurrant bushes are looking ready for their first pick of the year!
Please be patient! Learner gardener - allow plenty of room when passing!

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1623 on: June 03, 2011, 20:22 »
Closed the greenhouse door where the tomatos are planted and admired my brassicas
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

bigginge

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1624 on: June 03, 2011, 21:00 »
Planted courgettes and pumpkins, and a dozen globe artichokes. Watered, then my wife came from work and we had dinner - cheese and tomato quiche, potatoes and salad, with a bottle of Rioja. Then number 2 son, wife and grandson came down for a while. Lovely evening.

Wombat18

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1625 on: June 03, 2011, 21:03 »
Planted out some sturdy tomato plants that sprouted where I had my tomatoes last year.  I'm not sure what the fruit is going to be like, but the plants are much less weedy than the ones from the cold frame and it seems a shame to waste them so I'll give them a go.

Otherwise, lots of watering and weeding, and a sneaky dose of miracle-gro all round.  It has been quite windy here today and the soil is drying out fast.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1626 on: June 03, 2011, 21:12 »
not been up in 48 hours until just now, been too busy baking for bff's 40th tomorrow. Went down to find 2.5lbs of strawberries ripe for picking  :ohmy: and the weeds in the path have gone nuts... now wondering what on earth possessed me to buy strawberries at the supermarket today for my individual pavlova's ?!?!?!
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

sachkrimbo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1627 on: June 03, 2011, 21:47 »
Just in from work, after a 14 hour shift, and managed to place new black composter in garden.  It's massive!!

richy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1628 on: June 03, 2011, 22:38 »
took my kids up the plot to pick the strawberries ive had in a fruit cage, some thieving person beat my kids to it and took the lot >:(, this was not birds.

snowdrops

« Reply #1629 on: June 03, 2011, 22:40 »
That's dreadful :ohmy:Do you often get things taken? Is it other plot holders or can other thieves get in?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

richy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1630 on: June 03, 2011, 22:55 »
That's dreadful :ohmy:Do you often get things taken? Is it other plot holders or can other thieves get in?

The only time ive herd of anything being pinched was a pot of money from the locked shed that some of us paid into for a bulk delivery of soil conditioner, nobody knows who done it but it was a plot holder, if theives want to get in for something they will, but why the strawberries? my kids were so dissapointed, there were 3 good courgettes right next to the cage.

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1631 on: June 03, 2011, 23:26 »
sorry to hear that richie :( where are you BTW.?

i weeded/watered and planted some sprouts in their cage.  at home i watered and harvested some strawberries, banched some peas from the lottie and have spent the last hour keeping two hedgehogs from killing each other on the patio :ohmy:...they even have separate feeding bowls now but they still fight like cat and dog!   :(

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1632 on: June 03, 2011, 23:48 »

The only time ive herd of anything being pinched was a pot of money from the locked shed that some of us paid into for a bulk delivery of soil conditioner, nobody knows who done it but it was a plot holder, if theives want to get in for something they will, but why the strawberries? my kids were so dissapointed, there were 3 good courgettes right next to the cage.

Why the strawberries? Just go to you local supermarket and compare price for strawberry and courgettes  :wub:

Sunny day today, so will be back after sunset  :D

operabunny

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1633 on: June 04, 2011, 08:32 »
Went blood doning for the 20th time and......fainted! :ohmy:

Nurses calmly said, "We've had quite a bit of that today because it's so hot and stuffy in here."

Anyway, was under strict orders not to do anything physical for the rest of the day, so settled for picking some strawberries to aid my recovery  ;) and noticing a whole load of mystery radishes growing on the mounds where my potatoes are. I didn't plant them but they seem to be doing well so, bonus!  :D

potatogrower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1634 on: June 04, 2011, 10:26 »
hi operaBunny,

it is quite sunny and stuffy out there. Guess in this weather we need to wear a lot of whites to stay cool and hats. hope you recover well  ;)

did a lot of watering.

spinach has bolted which is no surprise. bit pee'd off really but i'll let them grow on and reap what i can.

pea's producing lots of flowers, cabbage doing well, brocolli is bit slow to grow but i was late sowing them   :blush:

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.834 seconds with 30 queries.