Raspberry help please

• 2 Replies

beth123

• Experienced Member
Raspberry help please
« on: September 12, 2010, 17:18 »
Hi

Last weekend I moved my raspberries from pots into the garden and now they look like they are dying.  Any advice?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Raspberry help please
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 17:59 »
If they are summer-fruiting raspberries I am assuming that you have cut down the old canes and that the new ones are wilting (?)

Raspberries are best transplanted whilst dormant; autumn-fruiters should be in full production now and will definitely not appreciate the upheaval at this time!

In either case if keeping them seriously well watered doesn't bring them round, if they are autumn-fruiters I suggest you cut most or all of the canes down almost to the ground, whether fruiting or not. 

They are pretty tough plants and will probably survive the shock but may have been set back for a while.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

beth123

• Experienced Member
Re: Raspberry help please
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 20:13 »
Hi, yes you have assumed right, they are summer-fruiting raspberries and yes it is the new canes that are wilting.  They are definitely getting enough water here in Yorkshire!  Thanks for the advice. 

xx
Raspberry

Started by flopsy on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 01, 2012, 16:26
by savbo
xx
raspberry

Started by redjane11 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 18:08
by gobs
xx
raspberry

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 10, 2010, 06:48
by m1ckz
xx
raspberry

Started by bailey on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 07, 2010, 21:18
by peapod

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 29 queries.