Chicken Diet

• 3 Replies

D

• Experienced Member
  • Bella
Chicken Diet
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:49 »
Hi all, I was just wondering what everyone has been feeding there birds - pellets or meal? I've been giving mine meal ever since we had them and they have enjoyed it. The over day when I got some food I picked up some pellets by mistake. We have done quite well egg wise - birds which don't normally lay have been doing. Could this also be because we've been more strict with treats, i.e. giving treats in the evening not in the morning like there used to. Do you think its because pellets are better than meal or because of the change in the time they get treats? Cheers.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Chicken Diet
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 13:04 »
Ours always get pellets D.  They make too much mess of the layers mash.  And we never give treats in the morning, otherwise they don't always get the proper nutrients they need to give you lovely eggs.

evie2

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 14:16 »
Hi D, our girls have layer pellets all day and in the evening treats like pasta, rice, baked potatoes or corn they also help themselves to any windfalls and insects they find
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

D

• Experienced Member
  • Bella
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 20:58 »
Thank-you for your replies. We've always been soft with the birds and given them treats in the morning, despite what I've read. I decided that we should do what everything says to do and harden up abit so they only get treats in the evening now! Nevermind there a bit more grateful now  :tongue2:
I've just got to decide whether to carry on with the pellets or go back to the meal. I may keep on with the pellets for now and see what happens.
Cheers everyone.

xx
change in chicken poo due to diet?

Started by Henlady on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2010, 21:04
by Hayley'sHens
xx
Chicken with dioreah? diet wrong?

Started by Charlee on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 20, 2006, 21:44
by Ian_P
xx
What age to vary there diet?

Started by bulliesrus on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post January 05, 2011, 20:01
by Kym503
xx
Garlic in their diet?

Started by abd1964 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 16:45
by nzdunn

Page created in 0.88 seconds with 30 queries.