hows it looking

• 3 Replies

Little Miss Muffet

• calnetalk
hows it looking
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:05 »

this is my first year at growing stuff and just wondered if this is right i was late putting them in as they didnt get done untill early may but what do you guys think

all though only small plot there is carrots,parsnips,runner beans,lettuce,leeiks,onions,sprouts,cabbage,spuds oh and pumpkins.
and you can also see the herb garden in theraised bed

crowndale

hows it looking
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 12:55 »
Looking good, but I would have my carrots covered to prevent carrot fly problems.  Lost all mine last year because I didn't know about this and left them uncovered.  Puting things in late mostly means you harvest them later, if you live in a warm enough area then it shouldn't be a problem.  I put my toms in late last year and didn't get any fruit but I am in the northeast.  My mum used to teach at a primary school in calne many years ago, we lived in christian malford.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
hows it looking
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 13:42 »
Dont worry about putting stuff in late, to give you an example, my Bollittis beans were done in two stages, with 3 weeks between yet on the canes there is only 3 inches between them now so they have sprinted up them canes. plot looks good tho, and just like Crowndale my carrots were wiped by the fly, this year there in the bath for two reasons, one is the fly dont fly that high and second they shouldnt need washing  :wink:
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

crowndale

hows it looking
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 14:10 »
Quote from: "Aidy"
and just like Crowndale my carrots were wiped by the fly, this year there in the bath for two reasons, one is the fly dont fly that high and second they shouldnt need washing  :wink:

Hadn't thought about the cleaniness bit.  Must try that with my spuds next eyar, this lots earlies have all been covered in mud!!  :wink:

xx
Hows your Courgettes

Started by ruffmesiter_69 on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post June 07, 2016, 07:57
by Robster
xx
Hows your rhubarb

31 Replies
Last post April 26, 2007, 11:56
by Salkeela
xx
Hows your Pumpkins / squashes

9 Replies
Last post July 04, 2007, 20:42
by ruffmesiter_69
xx
Hows this for a handful of toms...

Started by gavinjconway on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 29, 2012, 23:25
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 28 queries.