Blueberry advice please

• 3 Replies

Susannah

Blueberry advice please
« on: July 13, 2010, 12:45 »
I planted 3 Blueberry bushes in pots (May I think) as I do not have the correct soil. One died which the supplier is replacing. However, the other 2 are doing well but there is no sign of flowers, is this normal in first year, I have fed them with the ericeacous (sp) food as was instructed by supplier. Am I being impatient and they will bloom and fruit next year or have I done something wrong.
Thank you
Sue

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Blueberry advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 13:47 »
Although different varieties flower and produce fruit at different times they have usually finished flowering by May (well mine have, anyway!)

As long as your two survivors look healthy I would say they will be fine; make sure you water with rainwater (especially if your tap water is hard) and don't overdo the feeding, especially as you have missed the fruiting stage for this year.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

gypsy

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 14:58 »
I bought 2 blueberry bushes last yr, One had loads of fruit last yr and the other one had very little. This yr the one that fruited well last yr has not had any fruit at all and the other one is heavily laden with fruit
Catherine

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 15:21 »
Blueberries are like any plant which needs time to adapt to new light and heat conditions, same with water and feeding. As Jay says, as long as they're healthy, don't worry. They know what they're doing.

xx
Blueberry Advice Please

Started by 3759allen on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post November 17, 2013, 16:36
by Trillium
xx
Blueberry Advice

Started by tribs on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 14, 2013, 12:16
by simonwatson
xx
Blueberry advice please

Started by little sweetpeas on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post December 10, 2008, 16:05
by little sweetpeas
xx
Cranberry & Blueberry Advice

Started by allotmentvegigirl on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2008, 09:29
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.475 seconds with 29 queries.