No
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Who clips their hens wings?

• 19 Replies

evie2

Re: Who clips their hens wings?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 17:35 »
She's still out there bopping up and down the gardens, she particularly likes my neighbours daisies. She came back last night into the wrong hutch, how she got into a closed cage heaven knows (she lives with her sister, the other hutch has a boy in it) and hubby being helpful finding 2 rabbits in the hutch moved 1 and yes it was the boy! Only found out when I went to feed them this morning and found her sitting watching the chickens having broken out yet again and the other 2 cuddled up together. Think I might be looking for homes for babies soon!
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

TeaPots

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 17:43 »
I clip the right wing of any new birds i get, so they dont get too far away from home, then get lost. After that, they are left to fly wherever they want, cos I know they'll fly home for tea  :lol:

Most people that buy birds from me also have a wing clipped, again only until the chook knows 'home'

otis pony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 17:46 »
AAAhhh!!!!! and whoops!!!!  Our rabbit lives alone although she can see her friend across the garden, and the hens are always entertaining her.  When she escapes its always been at night, out of the hutch/run, still a mystery! HOUDINI :lol:
...............happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.................

jamima

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 19:21 »
Was thinking about it after the  one escaped but they settled down and not bothered now.

lukasmum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 08:35 »
I used to - but it doesn't seem to make much difference. My leghorns are flightier than
the others, and it doesn't stop them fence hopping if they feel like it. Thankfully thats
only happened twice!

xx
Cropping Hens Wings

Started by Julesanne on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 12, 2009, 01:35
by woodburner
question
Hens keep jumping next door - ??clip wings

Started by Blarney on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 08, 2009, 14:46
by Blarney
xx
The other beak clips?

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 08, 2016, 15:29
by grinling
xx
beak clips

Started by joyfull on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 11:30
by joyfull

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 33 queries.