Orange Poo

• 1 Replies

Blondie

Orange Poo
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:07 »
Me again, chickens have now mastered the ladder after all my worrying, go in and out as they please fine now but one of them today iss pooing runny orange stuff. They are being fed on layers pellets and have access to grit, i chuck them a bit of corn in the afternoon and thats it. Yesterday i did give them a few pea pods cut up in small bits, do u think that upset its stomach? Up until today they were pooing fine. Only got them last week from a proper breeder, 17 weeks old so not laying yet, was told to worm them in a months time. Only 2 of them

What shall i do? Worm them? Leave off the green stuff for a few days and see if it settles down? Bit worried as they were fine until now. Fine in themselves, don't look ill or anything. Please help.  :?

dawninspain

Orange Poo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:20 »
Could well be the pea pods but I would not worry about it. Ours were the same when we first got them and gave them greens. Just don't overdo it at first so that their stomachs can get used to the change in diet. Greens are good for their nutrition and contribute to making lovely eggs. Hanging up some leaves or a lettuce or cabbage in their run gives them some entertainment jumping up to get to the leaves. Ours still get days when their poos are runnier and a different colour than other days. As long as they appear healthy and happy don't worry.

Dawn

xx
Orange

Started by Beth on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 25, 2007, 18:08
by Aunt Sally
xx
Orange looking poo

Started by chickeney on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 10, 2012, 21:08
by devonbarmygardener
xx
orange runny poo!

Started by KJ on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 16, 2007, 17:42
by Aunt Sally
xx
bright orange in faeces

Started by animartco on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 14:10
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 36 queries.