I was livid.

• 81 Replies

Livinhope

I was livid.
« on: June 18, 2010, 16:50 »
Arrived at our plot yesterday evening to water.  We are by a tap and there was a hose attached.  Fine, no problem.  Until I saw where the hose ran.  A woman to get to her plot a few plots over had run the hose THROUGH our plot straight over my newly planted leeks, newly thinned swede, spinach and broken down one of my broad beans which was flowering nicely.  I turned the tap off so that she came to see what had happened, she walked straight across the next plot to us over our plot and when I pointed out the error of her ways she seemed totally unconcerned, to say the least.

I was furious.  What the blazes do you do with people who have no manners and regard for others?

penance

Re: I was livid.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 17:06 »
Report it to the lotty association.

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 17:08 »
Unbelievable....what a nightmare neighbour she sounds.

I have a whole load of thoughts about what I would have said to her but none are printable.

So instead ....I suggest you get a posse of nearby friendly allotment holders and go and see her en masse. Explain politely but firmly that you do not appreciate her attitude and ask her how would she feel if she arrived to find damage to her plants. Let her know that she is going to be watched very carefully and reported to the local council (presume that's who owns the allotments) if she continues to cause problems.

Mind you she sounds so blooming ignorant I doubt very much if that will trouble her at all. I do feel for you I really do.
I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

oldcow

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 17:09 »
Terrible behaviour!!! You'd think that there is nothing like growing your own veggies to teach you respect for other people's work on the allotments, and to teach you how painful it is to get your plants ruined!

Livinhope

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 17:15 »
Thanks for the support.  I shall be watching very carefully from now on and checking for footprints etc. If it happens again then the council will be contacted.  This is one occasion when a committee could be useful.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 18:16 »
It's an absolute no no to walk on someone else's plot without permission.

skywalker

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 18:32 »
Maybe if some of her veg was to be damaged she would realise how it feels! oooooh "terrible thoughts have entered my head"  >:( >:( >:( >:(
The force is strong in this one!
(As Organic as possible)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 19:17 »
Terrible that is so annoying especially from a fellow plot holder.

next time you are at the GC pick her up a packet of manners, she can try growing them  :wacko:

DavidT

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 19:24 »
Don`t wait for her to do it again, report her now. There is no site committee? That is unbelievable. :ohmy:

chili

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 20:14 »
video her actions as proof.
then plant her one :)

andy135

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 21:23 »
Tell her to get a longer hosepipe and go around. If she brings it across your plot again, you'll cut the pipe.  :ohmy:

sclarke624

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 21:32 »
Report her to the council now.  I wouldn't be able to handle that politely, I think I would come over all south London and tell her what for.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

Livinhope

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 21:38 »
The thing is we are well endowed with taps and there is one nearer to her plot but someone was using it before we got there so she hitched up to the one near us and didn't go back to her nearest one.  I'll try the site warden first I don't want to cause any ill feeling but, believe me, if I have to I will.

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 21:42 »
Report her to the council now.  I wouldn't be able to handle that politely, I think I would come over all south London and tell her what for.
Excuse me!! I'm from Sarf London!!!!  :D
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

operabunny

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 21:53 »
It's criminal damage to your property, so prepare a bill to go with your complaint.

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 37 queries.