I was livid.

• 81 Replies

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
Re: I was livid.
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2010, 16:47 »
Id take said rule and shove it right up her %*^*@!$ ......surely common sense tells you not to walk across someones plot let alone drag a hosepipe through it.

im with kagganz...nut nut nut
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

Yabba

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 16:48 »
But Livinhope would need permission to enter said womans plot to pin it to her shed!!!
 ;) ;) ;)

Hee hee  :lol: :lol: sorrry - couldn't resist ;)

Crossbow ... and it'd certainly hammer home your point :D

¥

Livinhope

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 17:39 »
But Livinhope would need permission to enter said womans plot to pin it to her shed!!!
 ;) ;) ;)

Oh no I wouldn't because a communal path runs alonside her shed, so there. :tongue2:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2010, 18:38 »
So if you write the message LARGE and pin it to the path side of her shed she will be named and shamed  :lol: :tongue2:

That'll teach her :tongue2:

andy135

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2010, 18:48 »
 ;) ;) ;)

Oh no I wouldn't because a communal path runs alonside her shed, so there. :tongue2:

Go on. Do it. You know you want to..........!  :lol:

Elcie

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2010, 19:35 »
I know this might be a controversial response but have you thought of having a conversation with her about it?  She is obviously looking to get work done the easy way and, in my experience, there are a lot of people who will try to cut corners.  However, if you speak to her about the problem and state that you do not want her to trespass on your plot as her hose is breaking your plants, might that help?

andy135

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2010, 19:55 »
I know this might be a controversial response but have you thought of having a conversation with her about it?  She is obviously looking to get work done the easy way and, in my experience, there are a lot of people who will try to cut corners.  However, if you speak to her about the problem and state that you do not want her to trespass on your plot as her hose is breaking your plants, might that help?

Elcie, with all due respect, please read post No1.

Quote/ when I pointed out the error of her ways she seemed totally unconcerned, to say the least. /Quote.

twiggy-pea-sticks

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 22:17 »
I'd report her to the council or site rep too.  What a rude , inconsiderate woman! 

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 22:25 »
Know how you feel.  Constantly having things broken, trampled or "Taken".  There is one lady who insists on walking right across the plot constantly rather than a 12 foot detour to the path.  Best bit is she glares at me if I happen to be on my own plot!  I've had many a paddy - going to did the ends of the path up and plant rhubarb in the more than one way to skin a rabbit take on life. 

Beetroot queen

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 22:26 »
Know how you feel.  Constantly having things broken, trampled or "Taken".  There is one lady who insists on walking right across the plot constantly rather than a 12 foot detour to the path.  Best bit is she glares at me if I happen to be on my own plot!  I've had many a paddy - going to did the ends of the path up and plant rhubarb in the more than one way to skin a rabbit take on life. 

what about simple posts and string around the edge while you grow your rhubarb, may just make her think

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 22:30 »
The people with the other half of my plot live just across the road.  They insist on climbing over the low fence into my plot, onto my rhubarb, rather than walking the long way round onto the site via the road and path 

Two rhubarb plants now flattened :mad:

I suspect that one of the two daughters, who is somewhat clueless at following instructions to keep onto the paths, may have flattened 6 garlic plants (ones on the edge are bent over at ground level but still green, not yellowing / drying off).

They appropriate my watering cans and other stuff.

Just have no idea of boundaries, don't know how to dig (lots of heaps of soil / turf where they've simply dug up holes and planted into them rather than shake soil off turf) and I'm getting fed up with them.  I do like them but they're taking the michael.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 22:35 »
Ok.  Chances are rhubarb plants aren't going to work - will have to resort to plan B.  7 foot high electrified weldmesh cage (oh if only)   :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2010, 00:25 »
I guess I am just lucky.... the only creatures failing to respect the alloment rules on my site are the foxes and (touch wood) recently even they have had the good sense to go easy on the tramping, bouncing and chewing things line.  :)

We never cross each others plots - unheard of.... apart from one recently new chap who had the habit of "following" me and talking constantly  :blink:

I appear not to have been the only person plagued by "Melvin the Mouth"... others were seen to disappear behind sheds and compost heaps to avoid his constant natter. A nice chap really but not there to tend his allotment... Disappeared suddenly over the winter... weeds appeared in his place  ::) and he has still not returned to move his tools stuck in the middle of the field of weeds.  >:(
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

hillfooter

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2010, 07:07 »
Stick a bat up her skirt!
Truth through science.

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2010, 07:32 »
The people with the other half of my plot live just across the road.  They insist on climbing over the low fence into my plot, onto my rhubarb, rather than walking the long way round onto the site via the road and path  

Two rhubarb plants now flattened :mad:

I suspect that one of the two daughters, who is somewhat clueless at following instructions to keep onto the paths, may have flattened 6 garlic plants (ones on the edge are bent over at ground level but still green, not yellowing / drying off).

How about a "Please Walk Round, not Through this Plot" sign put up where they tend to cross? or "Trespassers will be prosecuted"?

Know what you mean about the watering cans.  Within my first week someone had "borrowed" one of mine and it never came back .  Now I keep them locked in the shed.

Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

Page created in 0.994 seconds with 38 queries.