I was livid.

• 81 Replies

doubledug

• Experienced Member
Re: I was livid.
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 10:05 »
I wonder if she has been on my plot, someone has trashed half of my fruit bushes. Ive always thought that the stocks were an effective way of discuraging antisocial behaviour.
And there would be lots of fruit and veg to hand.

Livinhope

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 10:09 »
I cannot believe the amount of anger and disgust this post has generated.  I didn't think there would even be one reply.  Perhaps I should print this lot off and nail it to her shed door.  (Only joking).  I do intend to mention it to the site warden, but if it happens again I shall give her plot number and the details to the council and they can write to her.

I like the idea of ALL plots being fenced, it makes sense.  Also we are not allowed dogs on our site at all.

Livinhope

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 10:12 »
I wonder if she has been on my plot, someone has trashed half of my fruit bushes. Ive always thought that the stocks were an effective way of discuraging antisocial behaviour.
And there would be lots of fruit and veg to hand.

What is the matter with people.  Obviously, those on here are a different breed, but I can understand the wish to take the law into your own hands but then who ends up in the wrong.  The law, as they say, is a *b....y* ass.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31 »
Worzel, who is a very mild mannered scarecrow, said he would have cut through her hosepipe where it entered and left the plot and kept the piece as items on anyone's plot are by common law their property.

He must have had his "sense of justice" head on  ::)

Livinhope

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 11:01 »
Don't you start knockin' Worzel  :mad:.

I didn't know that about property, I do know that renting property, be it house or land, gives the tenants rights in law.

I can't think that a woman of your standing would resort to such drastic methods of revenge. :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12 »
No I don't mean a "real law" just tradition.

joshbuchan

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 17:46 »
haha, i would of kept it as evidence!

Kagganz

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 18:49 »
I'm so desperate for water I'd have fixed a tap on her hose and watered me own stuff at the same time.........

then I'd have nutted her  :tongue2:

jamima

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 18:56 »
Well i dont know how you keep your cool because i would't have been able to, when i had an allotment (its at home now ) certain poeple off other allotments used to steal stuff that made me livid ::)

DavidT

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 19:24 »
 Perhaps I should print this lot off and nail it to her shed door.  

Now THAT is a very sensible thing to do. :D

Livinhope

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 19:29 »
Well it's obviously something that is regarded as a no, no. 

I've been waiting to see the couple next to us because she walked straight across their plot as well.  OK it's covered in black material to nobble the weeds but, I happen to know that at the moment it's housing a load of slow worms.  I suppose it's warm and there are slugs under there I do know.  I hate to think she trod one one.  That's not the point it isn't a footpath.

Paul Plots

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 14:21 »
Livinhope you obviously have a problem here that is causing you concern - quite understandably....

I would ask whoever is in charge of the site for a copy of you allotment rules / handbook and, if asked why, explain your concern.

The other alternative would be to go and talk to the people who own the plot on the otherside of your problem neighbour.... then you'd have a choice:

a) walk round using the paths and make it a serious worthwhile conversation - ask them about your concerns
b) walk in a perfectly straight line without looking down as you cross the pests plot

Either might have an interesting result.

Personally I would find out what the handbook / rules say about respecting other peoples hard work and sticking to the paths. I would ask for advice and I would drop some very direct hints... such as:

"Oi! What the h*ll do you think you are doing tramping across the middle of my plot? Would you accept it if I did the same to yours? Please, if you don't mind, have some thought for my efforts and stick to the path in future!"
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Livinhope

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 15:14 »
Allotment rules (Local council allotment)

Except in the case of emergency, you shall not enter any other allotment without the express permission pf either the Council or the tenant of that other allotment.

We are all given a copy of the rules when we take the tenancy.

andy135

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 16:19 »
I suggest that you print said rule and pin it on her shed door, and make it BIG and BOLD:lol:

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2010, 16:39 »
But Livinhope would need permission to enter said womans plot to pin it to her shed!!!
 ;) ;) ;)

Hee hee  :lol: :lol: sorrry - couldn't resist ;)
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

Page created in 0.657 seconds with 36 queries.