Oops, ... I've ... done it again! (Calling all bean experts!)

• 0 Replies

woodburner

Isn't that a line from a song?

Anyways, I haven't exactly done it again; the last time I got the labels muddled up, this time, I totally forgot to label them! And this time it's beans not brassica's.  :blush:

I'm pretty sure one lot that has come up is borlottie, as there was a bit of seed casing sticking to the shriveled bean on the stem, but I didn't think I sowed 25 of them! (Although I might have as I was thinking about growing some for drying as well as fresh.)
So, first question is, do any (white seeded) french beans have the same colour and shape leaves as borlotti?

The other lot that has come up nicely has glossier, more pointed and darker leaves, and I am guessing that they are scarlet emperor, runner beans. I also sowed White Lady, though.
So, second question, is there any way of telling which they are before they actually flower?  :unsure:

Oh, a third Q, is there any justification to my guess that the darker leaves belong to runner beans?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 19:24 by woodburner »
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

xx
Calling Onion Experts..what's this ??

Started by vegmandan on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post November 23, 2008, 23:32
by peterjf
xx
Calling all celery experts!

Started by Puff on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 27, 2007, 13:32
by Puff
xx
Calling all chilli experts - can anyone help please

Started by willnbirdie on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post January 04, 2009, 10:48
by TECC2009
xx
Calling the Pea experts. DD/Aunt Sally + others.

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 18:10
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.553 seconds with 28 queries.