cucumbers and courgettes

• 3 Replies

ian.ford

cucumbers and courgettes
« on: May 16, 2010, 17:15 »
Hello every one. I am from Havant, which is on the south coast and i am in my second year of growing vegetables in my garden. Many things are new to me and i have checked this site regularly for info. However, i have come up with a problem. My cucumber and courgettes seem to wilt once they have become approx 6" high. I have transplanted them into large pots and moved them from a sealed plastic green house to one where the door zips are broken. Over this last two weeks i have noticed them all starting to wilt rather quickly and so i have moved them back into the other green house. Is this due to the drop in temperature or is there another problem. I have not moved the butternut squash and seem to be okay. Any ideas please.

Runwell-Steve

• Experienced Member
Re: cucumbers and courgettes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 17:49 »
It is probably the cold, it has been very cold in the evenings, my courgettes and cucumbers have been kept inside a greenhouse with a heater until this weekend.  They should soon recover as the warm weather appears. I have now braved the weather and moved the courgettes outside as they were starting to take up too much space.  I just hope the cold weather has really gone for good this year.

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 18:27 »
Cucumbers specially don't like much water and will wilt and die if they get too much, so be stingy but keep an eye on them  :D 

My cues are in the cold greenhouse and they've been fine but I have closed the windows every night (this is a timber greenhouse which I think seems better insulated than my aluminium ones)

IanYORK

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 18:39 »
I guess too cold and over-watering is the problem  :ohmy:  similar problems here too  :wacko:
Now then, I am a very pleasant lad from York.  I have a decent half plot on Holgate allotments.

xx
Cucumbers and courgettes and other veg

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 15, 2008, 20:01
by sawnee
xx
Cucumbers, courgettes another one!

Started by grenhouse on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 30, 2009, 16:59
by shaun
xx
Harvesting courgettes and cucumbers

Started by Elcie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 02, 2009, 22:06
by SnooziSuzi
xx
Green courgettes and cucumbers gone yellow

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 25, 2014, 10:43
by Mark's Sussex Allotment

Page created in 0.453 seconds with 28 queries.