HELP PLEASE DRAKE BEHAVING BADLY!

• 1 Replies

flangey

HELP PLEASE DRAKE BEHAVING BADLY!
« on: May 02, 2010, 18:29 »
Hello, I don't know if anyone can shed any light, but my Mini Appleyard Drake is acting very very strangely today.  I have 13 chickens, a mix of hybrids and a couple of orps and for the last 6 months they have all been living very happily together, free ranging etc etc.  Today, he's been terrorising my two Orps.  He's chasing them round and round the garden, beak open, head down, like something possessed!  I went out to see what the comotion was earlier, and he's stood there with a beak full of chuck feathers.  He hasn't harmed either of them, but no sooner had I turned my back, he's off again charging at poor Daisy, who turned round and pecked him on the head, which didn't make any difference at all. I picked him up and told him to behave, not that that did anything! but I've never seen him like this!  Any ideas anyone?  OH says I should serve him with an ASBO  :)

Kate and her Ducks

Re: HELP PLEASE DRAKE BEHAVING BADLY!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 16:36 »
This time of year drakes can get quite terratorial, especially if any of your ducks have gone broody. He's probably just trying to protect his girls (and his rights to his girls) as he sees it and will probably calm down as summer moves on.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
Chicken behaving badly!!

Started by flangey on The Hen House

31 Replies
Last post July 30, 2009, 22:40
by smileysal
question
Why are they behaving like it???

Started by Pretty Chick on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 21:18
by ehs284
xx
why is my hen behaving like a cock?

Started by darcyhen on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 08, 2010, 14:23
by darcyhen
xx
chicken behaving strangely...

Started by Nats on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post June 07, 2008, 15:41
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 36 queries.