Duck pond nearly there

• 20 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Duck pond nearly there
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 20:52 »
Quote from: "slowef"
Thanks for that!!!

what size should it be then its 25ft x 18ft.  We had a digger in to make it the size we wanted for 6 ducks and we have a pond filter/pump  to clean it out.

My daughter will be so pleased with your thoughts after all her hard work:-(

Slowef told you how big it was alan, 25 x 18ft.  That's not a bad size, and the ducks do have the rest of the half acre to poo in as well!!

alan42

• Experienced Member
Duck pond nearly there
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 21:15 »
i was told the size after my post but i have sent a private appoligy to slowef and publicly appologise to all here who might be offended that i have critisised slowef and in the way i worded my reply i applogise to you all.
it was an attempt at giving genuine advice that was wrongly worded and i had not gathered all my facts before i replyed i opened my mouth without putting my brain in gear in other words.
alan

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Duck pond nearly there
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 21:21 »
quote: (i opened my mouth without putting my brain in gear in other words.) unquote:

I do that sometimes too Alan, without meaning to.  We all value everyone's advice, but some people are very sensitive, and its better to be diplomatic at times.

alan42

• Experienced Member
Duck pond nearly there
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 21:25 »
your quite right grannieannie.
alan

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Duck pond nearly there
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 22:17 »
Thats ok its a bit of a downer when you have worked so hard on something.  I have not taken offence at your comments I just want to create a happy safe and enjoyable environment for the "kids"  They do have plenty of room here apart from their little 1/2 acre they free range in the rest of the land as well  I have also just planted a mini orchard for them which will be part of their enclosed area.  All help and advice is well recieved.

Think the scale looks smaller because of the angle I took the photo at and the size of the land

Its about 4ft 6 in the middle and we have sloped the side for ease of in and out and added some mesh to one slope to help them.  I hope to have a raft made to float inthe middle for them to rest on and they have a lovely apple tree , large stable and I have planted a row of Silver Birch for them also for shade

I have a  suction filter which goes on a hose to hoover it a bit like the one we use for our swimming pool.

What is a veggie filter?? I have no idea how many gallons it is.
thanks
Sandra
x

Foxy

Duck pond nearly there
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 22:33 »
lovely pics! We are digging our pond out tomorrow! so shall be watching your pond with interest -keep your photos coming :lol:  :lol:

question
How to manage a Duck Pond ?

Started by tomz1363 on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 21:49
by tomz1363
xx
Planning a duck pond.....

Started by lisacj on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 14:42
by lisacj
xx
Duck pond ducks...

Started by Growster... on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post December 16, 2011, 07:51
by joyfull
xx
Duck Pond Water

Started by Fire2920 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 17, 2008, 16:04
by poultrygeist

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 30 queries.