Potato question

• 1 Replies

sclarke624

Potato question
« on: June 07, 2007, 18:42 »
I have just harvested my early ROCKET tatties.  The Hallums were going yellow.  Only harvested one bag (used compost bags to grow 'em in).

Two were rotten.  :?: Do the original seed tats go rotten :?:

Must have got about 1 and three quarter pounds from the 5 tatties planted.  :?: Is that good :?:

About five were pea sized and 10 were about sparrow egg size.  :?: did I harvest too soon, or are you always gonna get some like that. :?:

:?: Can I use the spent compost for something else this year or next.  :?:

Just about to put them on me plate.  Pity they don't come ready washed though, got out of the chore of cleaning tats years ago, mind you compost is nicer to clean of than mud.

Don't think I will use bags next time though, as it is in the garden, they are untidy, fall over with weight of Hallums which then are laying horizontal on ground,  and difficult to get water into when they have fallen/folded down on self.  Got an very large pot from our local garden centre for £19, will use that next time.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

Trillium

Potato question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 18:50 »
If the hallums were going yellow, then the plant is finished for the year. You'll get nothing else.
As for the small tatties, it sounds like the awkwardness of the bags for growing and watering made growth harder for the plant. I think the pot will give you far better results.
As for the leftover compost, toss it into the compost bin or strew it over your flower or veg gardens as mulch. Don't try to grow in it again.

xx
Potato question

Started by sazzy123 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 17:13
by sazzy123
xx
Potato Question/Help

Started by Shieldsy on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 07, 2011, 16:02
by fatcat1955
xx
Potato question

Started by Robster on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 18, 2012, 23:02
by Swing Swang
xx
Potato Question

Started by Brambles on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 24, 2008, 21:58
by Brambles

Page created in 0.45 seconds with 36 queries.