I'm still dithering

• 30 Replies

PennyS

• My website
Re: I'm still dithering
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 21:23 »
I haven't done courgettes, squash or sweetcorn yet.  I will try to get them done in the next 10 days though. I'm sure they'll all catch up.
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

Missy1970

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 21:57 »
I'm getting a little fed up with everything inside now was tempted to put my toms outside for a bit in the sun today although it did feel a little nippy and they werent looking that great to start with so brought them straight back in.

Missy

willowman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 08:10 »
o .........are we going to get a summer? I'm not sure about that either :lol: :tongue2:

Didn't we have summer the other week when the sun came out for a couple of days?
I started out with nothing.....and I've still got most of it.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 08:30 »
MOS!!!!!!!! :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
and you tricked me into chitting and potting sweetcorns
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=54693.0
 :mad: :mad: :mad:
P.S.: I have used all the sweetcorn seeds (40 of them) and i dont have any reserve if it fails

how did MoS trick you? - she has chitted and sowed hers to suit her situation it is up to you decide if you are as far south as she is and how many you sow.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Debz

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 09:24 »
We have had a frost for the last three nights (although not a very heavy one) and my peppers have been in an unheated greenhouse all this time.  Last night I threw a fleece over them but they have been fine.  My mum has all our tomatoes in her unheated greenhouse and she says they have grown since they were put in there 10 days ago.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 09:58 »
but we still don't know where here is Debz  :(...please put some an area/location in your profile :)

Snoop

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 10:17 »
Well I must be further south than lots of you guys and I'm in the same position. We keep getting a couple of very hot days followed by miserable weather. I can't make my mind up either.

I've got trays of tomato plants that I have to bring into the bedroom at night. My yellow pepper and chilli seeds germinated during a hot spell and have done absolutely nothing since. And my courgette, squash and sweetcorn seeds are still in their packets. Only things I've started sowing in the last few days are brassicas!

Today is supposed to be hot (25ºC), but that's way too hot for this time of year.  We've probably had the last of the frosts, but only probably...

Debz

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 10:20 »
Oops - here is Glasgow. ???

diggerjoe

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 11:11 »
Chitting my sweetcorn tonight and re sowing squash and pumpkins and courgettes as only one has decided to grow rest not rotted but still dormant - I think i'd stay under the soil given the cold nights in the greenhouse they might get going and then will be over run OH has said they cant come in th house till the tomatoes and chillis have moved out  :D

plum crumble

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40 »
Chh! my trays have been in and out of the greenhouse like yo yo's! My tomatoes, chillis and peppers are definitely unimpressed - possibly the big range of day versus night temperatures is confusing them?
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

diggerjoe

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 12:43 »
It confuses me Plum  never mind the pants  -jumper on, jumper off, heating on heating off  :nowink:

harry

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51 »
I think today is summer here in Rhyl, i was hoping it would be on a weekend this year. :nowink: :wacko:
Hurray finally retired
two plots now 31A and 35A

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 12:56 »
Chh! my trays have been in and out of the greenhouse like yo yo's! My tomatoes, chillis and peppers are definitely unimpressed - possibly the big range of day versus night temperatures is confusing them?

Life was so much easier in the cold, dark depths of winter with nothing growing but the compensation of Argyllie and Plum (and others) helping to keep me warm and occupied with the "Where am I?" thread!  ;)

Toms will stay in the house until I get sick of the sight of them and risk sticking them in the coldframe for the summer, chillis and peppers will stay indoors permanently 'cos they haven't liked our recent summers outdoors, and I will sow sweetcorn and runners in paper pots next week in the hope of warmer weather in late May for planting out.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

plum crumble

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 13:23 »
 :lol: :D not too much room indoors to plant anything else! Specially now my free BBC seeds have turned up! Got a nice selection of salad leaves. OH gave me THAT look when they turned up - you know the look..."what? MORE seeds?"

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 19:28 »
Luckily I am in a 'no look' zone now so can indulge myself as I see fit
 :tongue2: to the whingers I say  :lol:

xx
Dithering about tomato plants

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post October 18, 2011, 00:01
by Salmo
xx
Butternut Squash - dithering over whether to harvest

Started by Floody on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 13, 2014, 09:53
by strangerachael

Page created in 0.857 seconds with 30 queries.