courgettes

• 26 Replies

ciderman

courgettes
« on: April 15, 2010, 21:34 »
hi all ive put out 5 courgettes on sunday they r now 2 left but theres no sign of slugs  any ideas thanks bob

MoreWhisky

Re: courgettes
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 21:35 »
I think your lucky to have 2 left  ???
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 21:39 »
I won't even be sowing mine in pots in the greenhouse for a couple of weeks yet.

It's far to cold in the ground for them yet and some of the easterly winds we've had are very cold  :(

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 21:44 »
I sowed mine early and have them on a windowsill so far, may try doing one in a black bin in the greenhouse.

I really miss them  :tongue2:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 21:51 »
I sowed one last week, it's just come up :)..........but it's one of those newfangled self pollinating ones, which will be ok  in the greenhouse, even if I have to keep it closed ..and not forgetting the fleece at night :lol:

I'm really getting fed up with cabbage and carrots and the like, so much for seasonal veg  :(

jolly jen

• Experienced Member
  • half of my crop of BNS & pumpkins
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 00:36 »
never had a prob with my courgettes ,,,,,they grow fab,

i start them off in a netted green net tunnel i have.in may,seeded up at home in april
Self-sufficient in rasberries and onions....

Paul Plots

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 01:19 »
I'm considering sowing the first this coming week-end using paper pots and a warm conservatory...  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Debz

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 09:11 »
I am just planning to sow mine this weekend too.  Even though there is no sign of slugs doesn't mean to say that the beggars aren't the culprits during a moonlight raid.

diggerjoe

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 12:38 »
Did mine two weeks ago but even in greenhouse inside a greenhouse if you get the drift they have not come through still to cold I shall be checking this weekend to see if they have rotted or those pesky mice have come back with their entire familes and the lot for a spring feast I though that they would still be full after al the peas :D

rhythmvick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 12:58 »
Courgettes are my fave veggies so am itching to get sowing but have been holding off. Was going to sow in pots inside this weekend but it still feels too cold. Will see how it feels out there next weekend but it looks like they'll be started inside in May - I'd rather be patient than disappointed  :unsure:
Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls:  all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves.  ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 16:21 »
I would be very happy if I never saw a courgette again :)
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Siouxfly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 16:31 »
Oh dear I put mine out about a week ago as they were too big to keep inside. As it's my first year I'm probably a bit too keen but to be honest they are thriving at the moment with loads of new leaves. I'll sow a couple more now just in case as I love courgettes.

Paul Plots

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 17:14 »
Oh dear I put mine out about a week ago as they were too big to keep inside. As it's my first year I'm probably a bit too keen but to be honest they are thriving at the moment with loads of new leaves. I'll sow a couple more now just in case as I love courgettes.

Sowing some more is a very good idea - in about a week or twos time...

Way up there you are more likely to get a late frost than I am down south.... but I wouldn't risk planting out quite so soon... Perhaps some fleece & newspaper might help protect your newly planted out courgettes... keep an eye on night time temperatures  :(

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 20:05 »
Had a quick walk round our allotments earlier this evening and was astonished to see someone had planted out Homebase courgette plants.  No fleece or anything.  Just planted out.

We;ve got frost forecast the next couple of nights  so I don't see that they will be around for long.  Seems a shame.

I couldn't work out why Homebase was selling courgette plants this early.  Unless for greenhouses? Surely they're not very hardy?  I don't plant my seeds until end April normally and I never plant out until all frost is gone and that's May round here.

Bemused.
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

Yabba

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 21:27 »
Money and ignorance ;)

xx
no courgettes

Started by strangerachael on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post August 21, 2011, 16:43
by strangerachael
xx
Courgettes

Started by willnbirdie on Grow Your Own

33 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 18:12
by Yorkie
xx
Courgettes

Started by adri on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post April 04, 2019, 14:41
by Robster
xx
Mi courgettes!

Started by grenhouse on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 22, 2010, 08:25
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.811 seconds with 39 queries.