Is it time

• 4 Replies

Kimberley04

• Experienced Member
  • Very new to all this gardening lark
Is it time
« on: April 15, 2010, 14:07 »
I have quite a lot of pepper, chilli and aubergine plants inside on the windowsill, but my tomatoes are getting so big that something's going to have to move.

Do you think the peppers, chilli's and aubergine's will be checked if I put them in a cold greenhouse?

I don't really wnat to put the tomatoes out what with all the talk of other people's turning blue!

GreenOwl

Re: Is it time
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 16:17 »
I've missed the post about other peoples turning blue but I'd put the tomatoes out rather than the others..... in fact I have......I ran out of space on the windowsill earlier in the week.

Tomatoes will crop outside, the others really need more heat so I decided that the tomatoes will cope with lower temps than the others.  Whatever you put out will probably have a bit of a check but they're going to have to go into the greenhouse at some point.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 16:56 »
put the tomatoes out if you must, but cover with fleece if a cold night is forecast, there's still frosty weather about :unsure:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 17:06 »
Don't know how you feel about long-range weather forecasts but you might want to have a look at this for next Monday Kimberley (not much better for Gloucester either GreenOwl!)

Very bad news for peppers and aubs, not good either for tomatoes even in a greenhouse!  :wacko:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 17:20 »
If you have a plastic covered mini greenhouse, put this inside your glass greenhouse you could put your tomatoes inside this and zip it up at night.

Jazz
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

xx
Lottie Time Vs Work Time

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 07:49
by crowndale
xx
Best time to sow?

Started by billathome65 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 16:08
by compostqueen
xx
second time around

Started by 10dahlia on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 22:09
by 10dahlia
xx
Time for a re-think

Started by Aidy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 13:45
by Aidy

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 30 queries.