Lettuces

• 4 Replies

wyandotty

Lettuces
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:18 »
I have got a cold greenhouse at the moment and in it I have got broad beans and leeks and some flowers that I bought as plug plants.

Inside the house I have little gem lettuces and various tomatoes and peppers.  My question is can any of these go in the cold greenhouse yet or do they have to stay indoors for a while longer. 

Also is it too early to plant beans and peas yet, also in the cold greenhouse?

Slowgrind

Re: Lettuces
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:25 »
I put seeds in a planter in the garden two weeks ago all coming up nice with no heat at all!
Yours may need hardening off if they have been in the warm.

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:30 »
I have just come back from looking at sowing some more lettuce in the greenhouse, I need a bigger one hahahha
Thanks
Kris

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:33 »
The lettuce can go in the greenhouse but it's still a bit too chilly for toms and peppers IMO

I planted peas in the ground on March 17th and they have come up ok, so would be fine in pots in greenhouse if that's how you prefer to start them.
I have planted french beans in pots, but these will grow in polytunnel for early beans, so maybe a bit early if you are going to grow them outside

UrbanG

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:57 »
I also started off a batch of peppers and toms in the house.
When they were about 2" tall with true leaves I repotted the main ones I wanted.

The repotted ones I kept in the house and are now about 5" tall and going strong but the others was put in my coldhouse to use as back ups or give away to family and friends.

The ones I put in my cold house are still alive but they are still only about 2" tall so if I was you I would keep yours indoors for a little while longer but if you are struggling for space I think they will be 'ok' outside allbeit they may slow the growth down a bit until it gets warmer.

1st year at 'proper' veggie gardening with 2x 12ftx4ft raised beds. loads of patio containers, 2 chickens and 1 ferret.

xx
Lettuces

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2007, 09:50
by WG.
xx
Little Gem Lettuces

Started by chrisb1357 on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post July 24, 2009, 22:13
by Paul Plots
xx
Lettuces

Started by Jim T on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 11, 2007, 18:16
by brucesgirl
xx
Lettuces

Started by Jozzer on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post December 06, 2008, 15:25
by Aidy

Page created in 0.746 seconds with 30 queries.