Isabelle is poorly,listless and not eating :(

• 2 Replies

Missie

Isabelle is poorly,listless and not eating :(
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:43 »
Hi,i was wondering if anyone can help,one of my isa's is poorly,she came out the coop 2 days ago and was very listless,sat and closed her eyes,wings dropped,i had checked her crop which was squidgy and treted her for sour crop,however,her sick did not smell.She has pirked up a minor amount today but is still head own,closing her eyes,also she is very unsteady on her feet almost drunk,she is not walking around at the moment,she is in the house in my chicken hospital keeping her warm,she is not eating nor drinking so i am using a dropper to give her fluids.I was convinced she was dying the first night as was so poorly and i was up with her all night comforting her.she is approx 20 weeks,as purchased all of them at 12 weeks,still none are laying yet.

I have also noticed that her face seems to be more red than the others,red around the beak and nose on the skin,no crustiness or anything like that,she looks like she's having a hot flush.

The other isa's appear to be fine but i have noticed one has milky poo.

in the first picture isabelle is top most.
2004_01010016.JPG
2004_01010003.JPG
2004_01010012.JPG

treacleminer

Re: Isabelle is poorly,listless and not eating :(
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 21:50 »
Hopefully it isn't anything in particular, like all of us chooks sometimes get'bugs' which can get them down for a couple of days and then they perk up again - bit like you feeling like you're about to get a cold.  One of my girls went really staggery a week or so ago and was a bit wobbly for a couple of days after that but she is back to normal now.  It may be that she is getting towards laying her first egg (hence the redness?) and is finding all the raging hormones a bit peculiar!

I would be wary of separating her from the others for too long (someone else may have a different opinion on this) as it may be difficult to reintegrate her if shes away to long.   If she has got something infectious they will all have been exposed to it already if they've been together all along.

Hope shes better soon.
Janet

Arnfields

• Experienced Member
Re: Isabelle is poorly,listless and not eating :(
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 14:15 »
Oh dear, I do hope she picks up.  Our Penny had similar 'problems' but didn't pull through, though she was an ex-batt not a fit youngster, fingers and feathers crossed for you
1 lovely hubby, 3 dogs, a bunny and 7 ex batts and a shiny new lottie!  (so far)

xx
Poorly hen and egg eating

Started by elainehas3hens on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 30, 2011, 14:51
by elainehas3hens
xx
Poorly chicken. Will she die ? Not eating

Started by garddwr on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 17:36
by happy chick
xx
Poorly hen - not eating/drinking, looking very subdued

Started by Speckly Sarah on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post June 04, 2012, 22:10
by Speckly Sarah
xx
Very poorly hen :-( Fluid filled crop, loose stool, lethargic, not eating...

Started by bob-the-chick on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post May 23, 2012, 09:55
by Blobbs

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 30 queries.