Mesh weld from which ebay seller

• 29 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Mesh weld from which ebay seller
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 12:39 »
We only know them since buying from them on Ebay earlier this year!!!!  It's just nice to be able to say yes this company is good!!!   :D :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 12:57 »
I bought mine off ebay July/August 2008, paid same day and got delivery the next day. Cannot find fault with this company at all  :). No connection with them (although I do wish I had shares in the company going by how many off here buy from them  :lol:).
Staffies are softer than you think.

RichardH

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 16:11 »
For what it's worth, here's a pic of the two gauges of mesh Hill sell - 19ga (1mm) on the left, 16ga (1.6mm) on the right.

Of course the 16ga is 13x25, and the other is 25x25, so it's not quite the same comparison, but for me, the 16ga feels a lot "safer" - I'm not sure the 19ga would withstand a medium dog crashing against it, unless the timber framework was made with fairly close posts, so the mesh was supported well.

carolbriar

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 08:40 »
Thank you for the pictures.  I have gone for the 13mm x 25mm so hope it will have a bit more strength.  It'll be interesting when it arrives!  Probably next week.
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

carolbriar

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 17:21 »
As promised, my mesh weld arrived this afternoon!  Not bad considering I ordered it on Thursday and they said 3 working days for delivery to Northern Ireland.  Looking at the rolls it looks absolutely fine.  Will not be using it for about a week as we need to get the holes dug and the posts concreted in first.  Can't wait to get started! 

Carolbriar :D :D :D

carolbriar

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 20:25 »
Have finally put the mesh weld up.  My husband says the quality is not great.  There is the odd line of wire missing down the height of it.  The galvanising isn't great either.  I had such high hopes for it too!  Still, it is up and hopefully it will last a few years!  I probably should have contacted Hills but to be honest we had half of it up before decided and being in Northern Ireland would have been very difficult to return!

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 22:12 »
Am I the only one who can't find Hills of Devon on ebay? I've searched 'weld mesh' 'weldmesh' 'welded mesh' but none are supplied by Hills. Maybe it's just late and my brain has stopped working in search mode  :blink:

Jan.x

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 23:23 »
Have finally put the mesh weld up.  My husband says the quality is not great.  There is the odd line of wire missing down the height of it.  The galvanising isn't great either.  I had such high hopes for it too!  Still, it is up and hopefully it will last a few years!  I probably should have contacted Hills but to be honest we had half of it up before decided and being in Northern Ireland would have been very difficult to return!

I'm sorry about that Carol.  I can't understand it.  We were very  happy with our weldmesh from Hills.  No missing bits or bad welds anywhere!

And here is their web address Pinky!!

http://www.hillsofdevon.co.uk/netting.html

joyfull

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 06:27 »
Hi Carol, I am surprised at this as we never had a problem. What I have bought from them has been top quality, any missing galv will be their suppliers problem (they would not do it them selves as it needs very large tanks with a good fume extraction systems to feed it through) so if I was you I would contact them with photographs showing the missing strands and poor galv.

carolbriar

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 08:49 »
Thanks for that.  I think it is probably a good idea if I take some photos and send them to Hills.  As you said, it is their supplier and not Hill's who dip the wire etc.

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 18:40 »

And here is their web address Pinky!!

http://www.hillsofdevon.co.uk/netting.html

Thank you GrannieAnnie, have saved that to 'my faves'  :)

Pinky x  :D

carolbriar

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 20:18 »
I phoned Hill's and Viv in the office was apologetic and said she would let her boss know that there was a problem with some of the fencing.  Her boss phoned me a few days later and offered either a reduction in the amount paid or they would send me a new roll of wire - we chose the new roll of wire.  They were very good about it.  Their after sales has been very good.  The new roll will be sent out on Monday. 

Thanks everyone

Carolbriar

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 00:32 »
Oh I'm pleased you had a good outcome to the problem Carol!!!!  Do you get to keep the other roll too??? lol

joyfull

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 07:45 »
so pleased you got a favourable response from them Carol  :D

RichardH

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 08:15 »
I bought both my rolls from Hills, and after the chunkiness of the 16ga stuff, I must admit to being a little underwhelmed by the 19ga. I had to odd wire going off line on it, and the very occasional poor weld joint, but it wasn't anything to worry about. I'm glad the main run is made form the 16ga sruff, though.

In your position, I might be tempted to ask if you can pay the extra and get the 16ga 25x25mm stuff instead of the replacement 19ga.

xx
Weld Mesh

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post April 13, 2011, 22:17
by joyfull
xx
Weld Mesh

Started by D on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 20, 2011, 20:36
by D
xx
Weld mesh

Started by yellowpenguin on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 21:42
by binghamd
xx
Weld mesh supplier?

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 15, 2016, 19:55
by Flowerpower136

Page created in 0.792 seconds with 38 queries.