please can you tell me....

• 20 Replies

flangey

Re: please can you tell me....
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 09:00 »
It's perfectly normal, I was intending to start with 2, then brought a hen house big enough for 14 just in case, and I'm currently on 9! Intending to add a couple of bantams and ducks in the spring! Unfortunately I'm the same with cats and dogs too, started with one dog and 2 cats, now have 3 dogs and 4 cats and a horse!! Won't be adding anymore though, OH said he will leave home......................now there's a thought  :lol:

janet12000

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 12:05 »
Now this is the trouble, Grannie. You show us a picture like that and we all want a chicken like that  :( That's when we start off with two and end up with 18 (or more).  :nowink:

I want the chicken and the sparkly loo seat. :)

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 12:48 »
Addictive  well just a touch

Hmm must go and see if the dealer has any Polands  :lol: :lol:
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 17:00 »
well i see that i am perfectly normal afterall!! - i will tell oh the good news :D my oh is working tomorrow so im taking the opportuniuty to go to the rare poultry auction with my 11 year old son, wont we have fun :D

Arnfields

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 17:05 »
why i feel the need to get yet more hens. i was satisfied by the 2 i first got (for about a week) then got 2 more, OH put his foot down but we still got 2 more after i promised that would be it - now i want another 2.  im happy with just the one dog, love her dearly but dont feel the urge to go and get more! why are hens so adictive?
I am with you - they are easy to get hooked on.  Originally got our ex-batts on 20th Sept, purely to 'rescue' them and get a few eggs if possible. 

OH tells me he and the dogs have been dumped since the girls arrived - we don't have space for more which is probably a very good thing! :tongue2:
1 lovely hubby, 3 dogs, a bunny and 7 ex batts and a shiny new lottie!  (so far)

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 17:14 »
yes - my poor husband says he is at the bottom of the pecking order, after the kids, the dog and the hens. i think i will make him eggs on toast for his tea tonite! :D

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 28 queries.