Wyandottes?

• 8 Replies

browntrouty

Wyandottes?
« on: September 21, 2009, 19:00 »
Have seen some silver wyandottes today and am toying with the idea of getting one to go with my other 4. Does anyone know of anywhere  near Harrogate or leeds area, do they lay much and will it fit in okay with the 4 I allready have?

nzdunn

Re: Wyandottes?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 19:51 »
dont know anything about the breed but it is a better idea if you could possible introduce 2 newbies to your 4 girls rather than the one on its own,    Nickyx

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 20:31 »
I would have to agree! introduce 2 at a time as it is really not nice watching 2 being added to an established flock yet alone 1 on her own  :( As for laying my silver laced girl hasnt started as she is only just coming up POL but they hatched out of pretty decent sized eggs considering they are bantams!

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxy

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 21:48 »
I would have to agree! introduce 2 at a time as it is really not nice watching 2 being added to an established flock yet alone 1 on her own  :( As for laying my silver laced girl hasnt started as she is only just coming up POL but they hatched out of pretty decent sized eggs considering they are bantams!

Debbie

Ohhh debbie need a piccy! :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 21:55 »

Debbie

Ohhh debbie need a piccy! :D

I am itching to take some decent pics of all my new banty girls but need to get new camera 1st  :( will try and persaude hubby its a good idea before pay day  ;) after all arent credit cards for emergencies  :lol:

Debbie

Foxy

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 22:07 »
Well this certainly an emergency! :lol: :lol:

raeburg

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 23:21 »
My Silver laced wyandottes are just about POL lay.  I had a real job finding any and eventually got some hatching eggs and at the 3rd attempt got 4 chicks 2 of each.  They are very pretty girlies.

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 14:23 »
Wyandottes aren’t great layers………..well they are but they don’t lay as many eggs as your hybrids etc. I have silver laced dotty that is now 4 yrs old and we haven’t had an egg from her for nearly two years but she is part of the family and head of the flock!

I totally agree that you need to introduce two together not one at a time as the bullying would be dreadful.

Have you found anyone with SLD yet if not drop me a pm I’m sure I can help as live Close to Harrogate.

pandora

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 19:01 »
I had 2 Wyandottes who were fabulous layers, about 4-5 eggs a week. They both went broody, hatched out babies and went back to laying well. They were my favourite birds. Of course, they were the ones the fox took  :unsure:

xx
Wyandottes

Started by chicksforkicks on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2007, 22:07
by muntjac
xx
Wyandottes

Started by RTB on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 16, 2007, 20:48
by richyrich7
xx
i want buy some wyandottes

Started by charlie1 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 22:11
by SOURIS
xx
laced wyandottes

Started by skyblue on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 01, 2007, 14:23
by alan42

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 28 queries.