not laying in nest box

• 3 Replies

nzdunn

not laying in nest box
« on: August 24, 2009, 10:13 »
Cassie my black rock is a good girl and lays away in the nest box, but winnie dont know wot shes thinking.   She started laying on saturday, i saw her go into the hen house and she was in there for ages but then when i went to check i found an egg in the garden, today after i collected cassies egg from the nest box i straightned it all out for winnie, just heard winnie shouting and theres an egg right in the middle of the garden, shes definately been in the nest box but why isnt she laying in there, shes a right nosey hen so do you think its because shes too impatienant, im gonna keep them in their garden in the morning until shes laid then let them out.   Any tips    nickyx

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
Re: not laying in nest box
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:19 »
yep, just keep them in a few days so she has no alternative than to lay in nest box, she'll soon get the idea.
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

nzdunn

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:23 »
yeah i think i will, i carnt have her laying in the big garden, its the size of a football pitch well almost and theres fur trees and no way am i looking in them,  they have their own garden which is big enough for them, thanks for the advice, will do.   nickyx

Flowerpower136

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:42 »
Mine have been quite good, most lay in the nest boxes, and one, possibly two, have made a den under a particular shrub, and sometimes lay there.

Problem I've got is that 5 out of the 8 are still sleeping in the nest boxes.  I know I should try to stop them, but they're retired ex batts, so they can do exactly what they like!

xx
hen not laying in nest box

Started by peter o on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 07, 2009, 21:48
by chickenlady
xx
Laying outside nest box?

Started by jinty1911 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 19, 2011, 13:59
by jamima
xx
Not Laying In Nest Box

Started by peter rooster on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 24, 2011, 10:14
by Jane-M
xx
Laying outside the nest box

Started by JohnRKaye on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 30, 2015, 08:43
by Sassy

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 30 queries.