bring on the cauli  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Biscombe

• Experienced Member
lunar planting
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:18 »
Not done any experiments myself, but try to plant certain seeds at lunar times, (you need to have time which I don't have to do all this!) most the Spanish gardeners seem to strim and plant at the same time and with the 100-s of books written about biodynamic gardening there must be something in it! check out http://www.the-gardeners-calendar.co.uk
Happy Gardening

Axe Victim

• Experienced Member
lunar planting
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:13 »
Quote from: "Biscombe"
Not done any experiments myself, but try to plant certain seeds at lunar times, (you need to have time which I don't have to do all this!) most the Spanish gardeners seem to strim and plant at the same time and with the 100-s of books written about biodynamic gardening there must be something in it! check out http://www.the-gardeners-calendar.co.uk
There's hundreds of books written about astrology and that's nonsense....hundreds about crystal healing...and that's nonsense...loads about homeopathy...and that's nonsense...quite a few about faeries...and that's nonsense too.

What's the old saying? 'Eat poo....10 billion flies can't be wrong'

:lol:
If life gives you lemons...wrap a dog turd in newspaper and set fire to it on Life's doorstep.

tetley

• Experienced Member
lunar planting
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:52 »
They follow the moon for planting here too.  Maybe it is more common across the channel?

Annie

lunar planting
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 12:34 »
We`ve had lots of discussions about this so I planted 2 lots of onions 1 lot on a good day 1 lot on a bad,I have to say the both germinated about the same,suprisingly(well suprised me anyway)the moon planted ones are so far ahead of the others that even with my jaundiced eye I can`t pretend otherwise.BUT I am not eating seedlings so until they are ready for harvest the jury is out....

Ice

• muck spreader
lunar planting
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 12:59 »
Uh oh, here we go again :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Was that you Annie way back then?  I did the same thing and there is no difference between the two at the moment.
Cheese makes everything better.

Annie

lunar planting
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 13:11 »
Yes,that was me,seems like an age.Was it King Cauli started it when he first joined?
Yup,it was a heated discussion! :lol:  :lol:  :roll:

king cauli

• Experienced Member
lunar planting
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 16:55 »
lunaaaaaaaaaaatic is here,of course it works,anyone says it dosent hasnt tried,garlic def works load better,this year again the lunar one is leaps and bounds ahead of the other,only way for you to know for sure is to follow the link what someone supplied you and try it for yourself,i seem to remember a rhs trial recentley on g.w and the lunar side produced several more kilos of produce,have a go,what have you got to lose?
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
lunar planting
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 17:09 »
oh dear, were back to this one...

if it works, and ive said this before, show me the evidence. Cite your research references, show me the results of a double blind trial...

so far i havent found ANY evidence that it works, only heresay and superstition.

The phase of the moon has absolutely no influence over anything other than how easy it is to see at night. The moons mass, and hence its gravity, doesnt vary with phase. And the gravity of your shed or the hoe you left next to the plants is massively greater anyway.

To prove that the moon phase makes a difference you would need to control every other variable - moisture, light, temperature, air composition, nutrient levels, right down to the exact phenotype of the seeds!

If you decide to plant by the moon, i suggest you also add some minerals to the soil, say some nice powdered rose quartz or other 'mystic crystal'

dons tin hat and awaits flak.... :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
lunar planting
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 17:16 »
Then why, Zakky baby, do the phases of the moon influence the tides?  Or is that one in dispute too??????

I tried sowing some bits by the moon, but most of them never even germinated in my unheated greenhouse, and I must admit that to do it properly would take time, so I'll just see what happens with the sutff that did germinate at the time!!!!

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
lunar planting
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 17:18 »
HRH cauli mentioned an rhs trial,

hmmm, strangely not documented on the rhs website, or in their own research section,

but there is this
http://www.rhs.org.uk/news/scienceweek2.asp

the rhs' own rebuke of lunar cycle planting

cauli, if you can provide me with a link to the rhs peer-review paper on their trial, then i will be happy to review it

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
lunar planting
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 17:23 »
the tides are an entirely different environment. IN that case it is 'free' liquid, and hence its motion is not restricted by solid particles. Tidal effects are an example of mass action.

saying that something for which there is no evidence must be true because something else is influenced, has no validity.

purplebat

lunar planting
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 17:29 »
Quote from: "Zak the Rabbit"
The phase of the moon has absolutely no influence over anything other than how easy it is to see at night.

try telling that to werwolves!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
lunar planting
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 17:31 »
I don't think Zak knows any werewolves PB!!!!! lol

xx
Lunar Planting anyone?

Started by john9159 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2008, 18:43
by DD.
xx
Lunar planting

Started by Elmarto on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 30, 2014, 11:23
by mumofstig
xx
lunar planting

Started by sarajane on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post March 02, 2011, 22:41
by sarajane
xx
Lunar Planting

Started by nitiram on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post October 04, 2006, 20:39
by trapper

Page created in 0.905 seconds with 37 queries.