Grrr foxes

• 11 Replies

too many girls

Grrr foxes
« on: June 21, 2009, 22:37 »
having now lost another hen to the fox (also one of the magnificent 7, Boone) i've had to take drastic action and move all the hens lock stock and barrel into the garden, the chook paddock backs onto a corn field which is ages away from being harvested, there's too much camoflage for the fox to hide in, pip and i are going back out in a minute to complete round 2, putting up the rest of the barrier fencing, Sam moved the hen houses with a pallet truck after they had gone to bed, i guess they've got a bit of a headache now and will be flabergasted to find themselves somewhere else when they come out in the morning, it's all i can think of to do to save the rest of my hens, must dash and get finished as it's getting darker.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Grrr foxes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 22:39 »
Oh TMG, I'm sorry to hear that, and what a shame for your girls to lose all that space they had!  Still, better safe than lose anymore eh?

Blooming foxes.  I know they are only doing what comes naturally, but there is still wildlife out there for them to kill!!!!

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 23:17 »
www.airgunbbs.com try on there. Lots of responsible shooters looking for permissions. One of them would be more than willing to rid you of your fox's.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 23:24 »
www.airgunbbs.com try on there. Lots of responsible shooters looking for permissions. One of them would be more than willing to rid you of your fox's.

and then another one would probably move into the frame

You did the right thing TMG, sorry about Boone  :(

"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 23:29 »
Pest control isn't a one time thing. Regular control pays dividends, also plenty of fat rabbits this time of year too :)

too many girls

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 23:46 »
the garden is quite big (no flowers or shrubs, or trees for that matter since the goats ate them :D) they won't be over crowded or cramped, the magnificent 7 were shocking for tramping far and wide and that's probably why they've been taken, most of the hens stick around the yard, i don't know what daddy's going to say when he sees all the hen houses in the garden as i haven't actually asked him if i could move them (he was in the bath and i didn't like to disturb him :tongue2:) on the bright side Pip had been noseying around on here looking for fox tips, she read about weeing outside the hen houses to put foxes off and decided to put it into practice, she wasn't nearly so smug when she found out we'd just repositioned the camera and saw her on the telly..........................

karlooben

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 06:21 »
lol poor pip , that will never be forgotten will it tmg  :lol:.

but as for foxes you kill one then another one moves in same as if u kill a rat theres alwas something to take its place .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

woodside farm

• Experienced Member
    • Poultry Auction
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 07:23 »
TMG, tell Pip it has no be mens wee, womens is not good it is the smell of the testosterone (spelling??).  ;)

Michelle
http://www.woodside-farm-chickens.webs.com/
*-:¦:-•*quis goes inter*•-:¦:-•:* adveho inter*•-:¦:-*

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 09:34 »
So sorry TMG to read about your loss of Boone, sending you hugs xx.

It's best to get the men folk to wee straight into a watering can (my oh did it into a bucket for me and then when we had a fair amount it had to be transfered into a watering can (very messy yuk!!). I only have 1/2 acre and it seemed to take for ever to get him to do enough - it also smells quite a bit while waiting for enough to do just one side of my boundary so you might want to keep it somewhere out of the way.
Of course it may just be an old wives tale but it can't do any harm to do this along side any other precautions you may be doing can it.
Staffies are softer than you think.

too many girls

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 11:24 »
things haven't gone as smoothly as i'd planned :( Leroy and Pumpkin are fighting so i've now got to seperate the Polands from the others, Leroy is shut in the banty house having time out untill i can get them sorted, William has already escaped (straight over the wall) and is wandering around the yard wondering where everyone is, Anri Paul is having a blue fit because he can't find William, Fat Lois is upset because she can't get to her favourite dust bathing spot, the banty house is practically outside my bedroom window, i didn't know Rodney started crowing at 4 am, i do now........................

Caralou

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:40 »
So sorry TMG, that fox is a menace and far too bold for my liking with how close it keeps coming. I'm sure Sam is on watch to help  ;) Sounds like lots of games sorting the new living arrangements  :lol: Maybe William could stay in the yard and take Anri Paul for a a long walk with him...... :ohmy: :tongue2:

too many girls

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25 »
i'm not having fun, William, Anri Paul, Kate and Sawyer have all escaped over the wall,  Eddie's doing her best but hasn't fathomed it out yet, caught Kate and she's now in the banty house with Leroy, in the process of putting up barrier fencing across the garden, the wall is higher the other side and hopefully they won't fly over into strange territory (the driveway) fingers crossed.

xx
Grrr! moan!

Started by Zak the Rabbit on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post March 17, 2007, 08:13
by Zak the Rabbit
angry
GRRR CROWS, anyone else got the problem feed grabbers?

Started by IMOmimey on The Hen House

47 Replies
Last post October 28, 2009, 14:23
by Roughlee Handled
xx
F***** foxes

Started by snozzer on The Hen House

38 Replies
Last post February 24, 2008, 22:20
by Aunt Sally
xx
foxes

Started by grumpydad on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 09:09
by Foxy

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 30 queries.