Advice on post Vaccination care

• 1 Replies

trinacooke

• www.freewebs.com/trinacooke
Advice on post Vaccination care
« on: May 15, 2009, 21:52 »
Hi all I have managed to locate three new Pullets to go with my two other Girls .... I have a Rhode Ranger, a Black Pearl and a Maran Couvier (think thats how it is spelt) she is a Copper Black Maran Hybrid ......  :)

Any way they are lovely young girls around 18 weeks old and they are fully Vaccinated they just had their last vaccination which was for bronchitas (know I spelt that wrong) but any way two of the girls The Maran and the Black pearl have developed nasty colds! I was warned this could happen and the stress of moving wouldnt have helped!  :unsure:

They have clear discharge from nose and eyes and are coughing ans sneezing and are looking a bit sorry for themselves! although both are scratching around they dont seem that interested in food at the moment but are drinking ok.

I have put CAV in the water ....... is there anything else I can do for them to ease the cold i understand it could take a couple of weeks to clear up completely!

All the best Trina

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 21:56 by trinacooke »
Breeder, Judge & Exhibitor of Quality Netherland Dwarf, Hulstlander & Himalayan Rabbits

4x chickens 30x rabbits, 2x dogs, 15x ferrets oh and 2 children and a hubby!!!!!

chrissy

Re: Advice on post Vaccination care
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 17:42 »
i am new only having chickens since easter but i noticed  hetty  had a discharge from her nostrils and was sneezing ,but apart from that she was fine.i put poultry spice in there food and just for good measure battles  poultry drink in there water.iIdon't know if chickens can get allergies but i had noticed the wood shavings i was using in their coop was dusty so yesterday i decided not to use them anymore and bought easy bed don't know if it's coincidence but hetty is no longer sneezing and no more discharge.

xx
vaccination advice??

Started by Chickengeorgey on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 12, 2012, 13:13
by Chickengeorgey
xx
duck care in the cold - any advice?

Started by pegs on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 08, 2010, 10:26
by pegs
xx
Vaccination

Started by Prod on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 09:10
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Vaccination

Started by calli on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2007, 17:33
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 28 queries.