Cat Poo!

• 19 Replies

Fruity

Re: Cat Poo!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 11:01 »
I've been using the pepper pellets from wilcos to keep my cat off the patio tubs. She regards them as a comfy bed otherwise. They seem to be working pretty well. They may not be suitable for crops where the fruit/veg lie on the ground. For example, I've not scattered them in the tub where my strawbs are growing but I have in the runner bean tub. I've erected a physical barrier round the strawbs.

Dawnte

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 16:53 »
If you are growing beans and courgettes raise them in pots and then plant them out. This will mean that you do not need a fine cat attractive seedbed. Cats prefer dry soil. If you can keep the soil damp they do not usually use it

Actually, I have been growing mine in pots--I'm thinking of planting them out in the next week or so (hence my concern about the poop now).  That's really interesting about the damp soil--I'll have to test that one this week, because if it works on my cats, then I won't need to worry about anything else.

I plan to let my runners go up an arch, so I don't know how effective mesh would be on something like that....but I'm definitely bearing it in mind if all else fails.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.  :)

Bombers

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 17:08 »
Cats prefer dry soil. If you can keep the soil damp they do not usually use it
Try telling our little sodscats that! Twiggy sticks don't seem to stop them if they're determined enough either.  ::)
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

Parsnip

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 19:30 »
Cats prefer dry soil. If you can keep the soil damp they do not usually use it
Try telling our little *cats that! Twiggy sticks don't seem to stop them if they're determined enough either.  ::)

I caught Yogi, just in time I might add...  :lol: digging around in my bag of compost, looking for a nice smelly damp place to poo... ::)

The only thing that we've found that works, is to net the area off..and try not to leave any gaps the the little tykes will find one if it's there... >:( ::)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 20:12 »
I can cope with the cats by using netting  --- they don't wreck it like foxes do  :tongue2: :tongue2:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Page created in 0.482 seconds with 28 queries.