Anti-inflammatory gel

• 2 Replies

chickenlicken

Anti-inflammatory gel
« on: April 24, 2009, 20:10 »
Hi there, Well 3 weeks in now and have hit first little problem.

One of our little flock has been limping for a while now, we have examined her closely and can't find anything obviously wrong and we are 99% sure she wasn't like this when we first had her.......although we kept them all in their run for first week and it seems we have only noticed the limp since she has been free ranging the garden the past two weeks.

Today I decided enough was enough and have booked a vet's appt for tomorrow as I need to know what is going on and how best to treat her, I am fairly certain it is muscular and not infection as no redness or swelling.  Just wanted to know what I can do for her myself to try and keep vet fees down, I am all for treating her properly but not keen to buy treatment from the vet when I might be able to help her more cost effectively!

I read somewhere that ibuprofen gel could be used on a leg (like Ibuleve) and wondered if anyone had tried it and if it is ok should the diagnosis be a sprain/muscle tomorrow.

We have still been letting her into the garden with the others as apart from her leg she is happy and well but suspect I probably should have kept her in a box to rest?? just seems so unfair!

Any advice??

Vember

Re: Anti-inflammatory gel
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 20:37 »
I used Ibuleve on one of the ducks along with cage rest, worked great till  4/5  days later when he started running about again :)  Although it was never quite as bad :D

He's just been in a confined area for 3 weeks and so far since he's been out there hasn't been any sign of limping. The rest has really done him good :D

Sarah :)

chickenlicken

Re: Anti-inflammatory gel
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 22:34 »
Thanks Sarah, I will give it a go if the vet can rule out anything more serious, think I do need to cage rest her too

Thank you for your response

Tracey

xx
where to buy anti pecking clips

Started by jackieand glenn on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 07, 2011, 13:35
by Junie
xx
anti pecking bits

Started by grumpydad on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 10:30
by joyfull
xx
Anti pecking sprays ???

Started by Trisha on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 10, 2010, 18:03
by Goldfinger
xx
anti hen pecking spray

Started by westie on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 19, 2008, 17:06
by Lost in France

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 36 queries.