Anyone Else Aching?

• 21 Replies

iwantanallotment

Anyone Else Aching?
« on: April 22, 2009, 00:38 »
Felt great til I just stood up  :lol:
How can a bottom ache?  :blink:
Been digging muck into my sweetcorn & broad bean beds, that's all. And it didn't hurt a bit - at the time!

Still, aches are proof that progress has been made, I s'pose. So should be welcomed.

:tongue2: maybe

Rangerkris

• My pic's
Re: Anyone Else Aching?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25 »
Warm muscles always tend to hurt if they are not stretched out after a days hard graft. 
Thanks
Kris

Rubellite

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 08:21 »
I've been digging up turf to make flower beds and raised beds in our new (last year) property. I've been at it for months and my hands really ache!! The rest of me has got used to it and I must be as fit and supple as I was 20 years ago all except my hands :( :(

cbu183

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:51 »
God yes - due to illness I didn't dig over stuff in Autumn so the last 2 months have been spent digging and weeding and mucking my 9 metre by 15 metre plot alone.  I woke up one night with stabbing pains in my wrist, elbow and neck - thought I'd done myself permanent damage.

On the plus side it's got me fit for my trek up Ben Nevis in a few weeks - no more flabby rear end - it's like granite at the moment!

Howard

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39 »

...I've been at it for months and my hands really ache!! The rest of me has got used to it and I must be as fit and supple as I was 20 years ago all except my hands :( :(

I know where you're coming from. Some mornings I have to manipulate my fingers by hand (if you know what I mean) because they've seized up!  :(

Lee G

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 13:50 »
Today is the first day of no aches after the weekends exertions, but as I have about 10 fence posts, gravel boards and panels to put up this weekend, I better make the most of it  :lol:

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 13:56 »
spent 3 hours digging this morning and the only thing aching at the moment is my head!! must find a hat for tomorrow

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 14:48 »
Just got back from the physio  :(
Had remedial massage & ultrasound to my lower back & bum - so know exactly where you're coming from iwantanallotment!

Also got core muscle exercises to do and some stretching. Physio chuckled when i said I'd recently taken on an allotment......

£44 for a 30 minute appointment  :ohmy: - mind you she did give me an extra 15 mins

back again next week, loads a digging to do 7 weeding in the meantime though >:(

RichardA

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 15:59 »
Pain in the bum especially if in one cheek and not the otehr is often a sign that siatica is starting. Next sign is pain in both cheeks and then backache. Take care
R

annie2006

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 16:09 »
My shoulders are now aching like mad - but i have been carrying an almost 2 year old around in a rucksack ALL day  ::)

a hot bath and lots of lavender oil is in order as soon as the troops are in bed!

elibump

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41 »
Absolutely :( - both me and the Gaffer sort of stuck this morning  :ohmy: :ohmy:after the past few days of digging.  We're waiting for the time when we can do gardening with a spade, hoe and similar rather than a pickaxe and trolley for the rocks we dig out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Talking to the microwave,I ask you wall, what is the world coming to?
Blesséd are the cracked for tis they who let in the light!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49 »
My face aches, got blocked sinuses and man 'flu. No digging for DD. today as I find it helps to be able to breath.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

iwantanallotment

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:25 »
Sorry you're under the weather, DD. Take some Echinacea, you'll soon be back to rights  :)

matron

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:40 »
This weather really does bring on the aches  :(. If it wasn't so nice we wouldn't have planted the courgettes out, planted the onion sets and potatoes and moved the greenhouse  :tongue2:.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:04 »
too right Matron..... my shoulders ache but i have to cut the grass before it rains again and those strawberries need planting....plastic greenhouse needs cover putting on so i can move a lot of stuff out of permanent greenhouse...theres weeding to do in the flower beds..etc etc etc
I'll have to prioritise cos can't do it all :(

xx
oh my aching back

Started by muntjac on Grow Your Own

53 Replies
Last post September 14, 2007, 22:25
by DD.

Page created in 0.888 seconds with 38 queries.